Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How you think Brexit should look?

What you think Brexit should look like

• Are you in favour of Brexit [Y]

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • Are you in favour of Brexit [No]

Votes: 90 71.4%
  • If you answered Y, assuming that Brexit will go ahead is your red line:

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • We must have a controlled (hard) border between mainland Britain and the EU [Y]

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • We must have a controlled (hard) border between mainland Britain and the EU [N]

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • We must have a controlled (hard) border between NI and Eire [Y]

• We must have a controlled (hard) border between NI and Eire [N]

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • We must have NO controlled (hard) border between NI and Eire [Y]

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • We must have NO controlled (hard) border between NI and Eire [N]

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • We must have a free trade deal with the EU [Y]

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • We must have a free trade deal with the EU [N]

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • If you answered No, assuming that Brexit will nevertheless go ahead is your red line:

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • We must have free movement of people between mainland Britain and the EU [Y]

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • We must have free movement of people between mainland Britain and the EU [N]

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • We must have free movement of people between NI and Eire [Y]

Votes: 65 51.6%
  • We must have free movement of people between NI and Eire [N]

• We must have customs union with the EU [Y]

Votes: 66 52.4%
  • We must have customs union with the EU [N]

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Meant mainland Europe

So how do you keep the Irish border open but the other ones closed? What are you achieving in that scenario?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
brex3.png

And to make it perfect-

brex1.png

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Poorer Brexit or even poorer Brexit or very very very poorer Brexit given that Plan B will be same as Plan A.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it will look like a blancmange

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've only just looked at the poll:

We must have a controlled (hard) border between NI and Eire [Y]
We must have a controlled (hard) border between NI and Eire [N]
We must have NO controlled (hard) border between NI and Eire [Y]
We must have NO controlled (hard) border between NI and Eire [N]
Eh? Isn't that 4 choices for 2 options?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looking at the votes, this suggests to me that if the same views are shared nationwide and in parliament, there will be no Brexit. Which is what I thought all along.

Imagine going to a Chinese restaurant with 20 mates, and being told that a meal can be had, but only one meal, and a majority must be in agreement what it should be.

**** that. I'd be off home. Fact.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No. And really don't care about the rest. We're heading for either painful brexit or pointless brexit, and the people are foolish for choosing either
The people didn't choose either, they just chose Brexit.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Close off Europe, apart from Ireland. Over time negotiate deals to open it up as it suits us.

Prioritise trade deals with non-EU countries, with focus on emerging African nations, China & USA, India and the rest of the Commonwealth.

Unfortunately anything worth having is either a closed market or the EU got there first. Good luck...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Hahaha! And in the intervening 25 years while that gets sorted out we can go into a massive recession...marvellous

Close off Europe, apart from Ireland. Over time negotiate deals to open it up as it suits us.

Prioritise trade deals with non-EU countries, with focus on emerging African nations, China & USA, India and the rest of the Commonwealth.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
When we were in we wanted to opt out of most of it except the good bits, now we want out but want to keep the good bits.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Imagine going to a Chinese restaurant with 20 mates, and being told that a meal can be had, but only one meal, and a majority must be in agreement what it should be.

funny thing is this could be comment on being in the EU.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
funny thing is this could be comment on being in the EU.

No it isn't. The analogy for being in the EU is that a group of 25 mates spend 30 years attempting to perfect a well balanced diet that includes core essentials that everyone needs to survive, plus an infinity of personal variation. Britain's role in this since the days of Thatcher is a strident voice demanding to contribute less to the budget while insisting we should ignore the diet altogether and gorge on cheap junkfood. All the others think we are a bit childish.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking at the votes, this suggests to me that if the same views are shared nationwide and in parliament, there will be no Brexit. Which is what I thought all along.

I actually think that around 40% of the population were ‘swing’ voters on the original vote.

The Leave campaign did an amazing job on turning more of those to leave (I won’t comment on how they did it).

Now that those 40% know what Brexit really entails, I’d imagine that very few of them have turned to leave. Instead, I’d wager that the vast majority of that 40% swing vote would now vote remain in an ‘informed’ referendum. It could be as much as a 70% Remain 30% Leave (although my money would be on 60%-40%).

This is exactly why Brexiteers fear another vote, they need to do everything to stop it because we all know it will kill Brexit dead.

The problem we have now is the original reason for holding an in/out EU referendum. It was done to unite the Conservation Party. Therefore, another referendum with the expected result could and would do irreparable harm to that party, in short, it would split it in two. For that single reason alone; there won’t be another referendum and we will Brexit despite a seemingly dramatic minority of 2019 voters wanting it.

Next steps? We have to avoid the Brexit that the tiny majority want. We could have a vote on that but it’s fair to assume that most remainers would want the closet relationship possible (Norway+). So I suspect, that will be the option Parliament votes for over the next month or so.

The two part referendum Reece-Mogg proposed before the process would have been the best way forward but people thought you could not negotiate with another vote to come. Sadly, we got the worst deal anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here