Votes: 109 95.6%
  • Dirty Leeds

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Large businesses on social media should just stick to selling their product and nothing else.

I don’t want Pizza Hut making jokes about Leeds United any more than I want to discuss the Groß/Bissouma debate with Lynx. Just make your products and shut up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Large businesses on social media should just stick to selling their product and nothing else.

I don’t want Pizza Hut making jokes about Leeds United any more than I want to discuss the Groß/Bissouma debate with Lynx. Just make your products and shut up.

Whilst I agree with the point, it’s actually very clever free of charge marketing and advertising for Pizza Hut. Any news and all that...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
On the face of it it looks like harmless banter but I don't think I'd be very happy if I was the owner of a Pizza Hut franchise in Leeds. Pizza Hut might be in danger of being to Leeds what the Sun newspaper is to Liverpool. They can be a sensitive lot, those footie fans.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
On the face of it it looks like harmless banter but I don't think I'd be very happy if I was the owner of a Pizza Hut franchise in Leeds. Pizza Hut might be in danger of being to Leeds what the Sun newspaper is to Liverpool. They can be a sensitive lot, those footie fans.

Sorry but I don’t think Pizza Hut in Leeds will EVER been the same or close to the same as The S*n is in Liverpool...

At no point has Pizza Hut accused Leeds fans of being to blame for killing almost 100 of their own fellow fans... just some harmless social media banter between two organisations.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Sorry but I don’t think Pizza Hut in Leeds will EVER been the same or close to the same as The S*n is in Liverpool...

At no point has Pizza Hut accused Leeds fans of being to blame for killing almost 100 of their own fellow fans... just some harmless social media banter between two organisations.

I agree, it should be viewed as harmless banter, but I was making a wry comment about the over sensitivity of some football fans. I certainly wouldn't take offence if the comment had been directed our way but I'm sure there would be many that would. Just look at the Gillette Ad thread to see how easily some folk take offence.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can easily see pizza hut Leeds being the subject of a Leeds fan boycott, and the aforementioned boycott amounting to almost nothing

Yes - the losers are the restaurant chain as they’re guaranteed to have lost a few thousand customers in Leeds.

Have they gained customers elsewhere though?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember when Pizza Hut started in the UK. I found the name rather odd, especially when their TV adverts tried to imply that in Italy, when Italians eat Pizza, they eat it in a hut. They even had a TV ad with a bloke singing about this. Since then, whenever anyone mentions Pizza hut I have a vision of a 1960s style car park attendant, sitting in his hut, cooking a shitty pizza on his brazier. I'm sorry to say that this flagrant attempt to modernize the cachet of their product has failed as far as I am concerned.

Yes - the losers are the restaurant chain as they’re guaranteed to have lost a few thousand customers in Leeds.

Have they gained customers elsewhere though?

Companies spend £1000’s to promote tweets and post on social media so this free publicity will be very valuable to Pizza Hut.

I would not be surprised if it had not been pre planned with Leeds

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

The Pizza Hut in Leeds city centre was shut down about 7 years ago due to health inspectors finding rats in all the ingredients. It never reopened as the damage was done then,

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This is what corporate social media should be all about!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here