Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomori

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
5 million... damn you want something for nothing.

I think if he actually came up for sale it may end up being more than 15..

Milan set to SING him up on a perm deal for €28m (£24m) apparently...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brilliant move for Tomori. Pleased for him, excellent player for us and seems a good kid. Hopefully he will be able to really kick on his career now as he did well last season at Milan.

Could see an England squad with him alongside White, Webster and Gomez as the centre backs in the not too distant future.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Um, no. Why on earth would we?

Similar to Leeds (and maybe Newport and Peterborough) getting a bit if/when we sell White? (if to an English club, or before he is X years old or something .. there are rules laid down somewhere, but I'm no expert. Ask #AZGull!)

Think we might be ruled out (of anything from the Tomori sale) because he's been sold to a different league.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Similar to Leeds (and maybe Newport and Peterborough getting a bit if/when we sell White? (if to an English club, or before he is X years old or something .. there are rules laid down somewhere, but I'm no expert. Ask #AZGull!)

Think we might be ruled out because he's been sold to a different league.

Not when they’ve only been on loan there.

Southampton might from any White deal as he was in their academy but Leeds and Pererborough won’t be getting anything.

We wouldn’t be due anything for Tomori.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Southampton might from any White deal as he was in their academy but Leeds and Pererborough won’t be getting anything.

OK, I knew there were times when somebody would get something. Probably more complicated than the adjusted-for-the-purposes-of-VAR off-side rule - so I'm out!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Err, players on loan generally do both sides a favour, usually the loanee helps out the smaller club

Ben White is clearly the odd one out, we paid Leeds to raise his game and profile, then bought him back

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant move for Tomori. Pleased for him, excellent player for us and seems a good kid. Hopefully he will be able to really kick on his career now as he did well last season at Milan.

Could see an England squad with him alongside White, Webster and Gomez as the centre backs in the not too distant future.

Gomez? Good Lord no.

Like you, pleased for Tomori, it’s nice that we’ve been part of his journey, like Lingaard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I don't think the bolded bit is correct, but googling hasn't provided a definitive answer (it seems there may even be inconsistencies between the system of training compensation, and the system of player loans).

My head now hurts, and it's Friday lunchtime, so someone else can pick up the slack.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I don't think the bolded bit is correct, but googling hasn't provided a definitive answer (it seems there may even be inconsistencies between the system of training compensation, and the system of player loans).

My head now hurts, and it's Friday lunchtime, so someone else can pick up the slack.

https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

WHAT IS TRAINING COMPENSATION & HOW IS IT CALCULATED?

Training compensation is one form of compensation the FIFA rules allow. This payment may be required at two different times of a player's professional football career:

the player's first time registering as a professional player for the first time in another country other than the one where he was trained; and
the player's subsequent international transfer.
In the first situation, the club where the player registers must pay training compensation to every club that contributed to the player's training starting from the season of the athlete's 12th birthday through the season of his 21st birthday.

In the second situation, when a player is subsequently transferred internationally, the new club must pay the immediately prior professional club training compensation.

Training compensation is due within a month of the player signing a professional contract. The compensation amount is calculated according to a specific equation: the value attributed to the level of training (determined by the country and the caliber of the club) multiplied by the number of years spent training (between the ages of 12 and 21).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Similar to Leeds (and maybe Newport and Peterborough) getting a bit if/when we sell White? (if to an English club, or before he is X years old or something .. there are rules laid down somewhere, but I'm no expert. Ask #AZGull!)

Think we might be ruled out (of anything from the Tomori sale) because he's been sold to a different league.

The rules are not obvious... to anyone. Manchester United sent 10 lawyers to Sweden when they were trying to figure out how much to pay Västerås for their part in Victor Lindelöfs development. And some clubs have to chase their money for years.

I honestly think very, very few people actually knows exactly how the system works.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

WHAT IS TRAINING COMPENSATION & HOW IS IT CALCULATED?

Training compensation is one form of compensation the FIFA rules allow. This payment may be required at two different times of a player's professional football career:

the player's first time registering as a professional player for the first time in another country other than the one where he was trained; and
the player's subsequent international transfer.
In the first situation, the club where the player registers must pay training compensation to every club that contributed to the player's training starting from the season of the athlete's 12th birthday through the season of his 21st birthday.

In the second situation, when a player is subsequently transferred internationally, the new club must pay the immediately prior professional club training compensation.

Training compensation is due within a month of the player signing a professional contract. The compensation amount is calculated according to a specific equation: the value attributed to the level of training (determined by the country and the caliber of the club) multiplied by the number of years spent training (between the ages of 12 and 21).

That doesn't even mention loan situations, so not sure how that sheds any light.

This is a case brought by a club who had had a player on loan, and claimed they were owed compensation when the player was subsequently sold - Decision of the sub-committee of the Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC)

They won their case.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The rules are not obvious... to anyone. Manchester United sent 10 lawyers to Sweden when they were trying to figure out how much to pay Västerås for their part in Victor Lindelöfs development. And some clubs have to chase their money for years.

I honestly think very, very few people actually knows exactly how the system works.

Not to worry. I'm sure we've got lawyers - lots of them. I'm sure they'll make sure we get every last penny we're entitled to.

If we're lucky, that might even cover 80% of their fees ............................

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here