Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tonight,s EU vote and the margin of defeat ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Remain, ignore/subvert the referendum result forces are on manoeuvres. Bercow didn't pick any amendment that may help the government reduce the size of the defeat and Benn knows his amendment could have passed making it more likely Brexiteer Mp's would reluctantly vote for May's deal so he withdrew it.

Size of defeat 150 ish

[tweet]1085201019657695233[/tweet]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Remain, ignore/subvert the referendum result forces are on manoeuvres. Bercow didn't pick any amendment that may help the government reduce the size of the defeat and Benn knows his amendment could have passed making it more likely Brexiteer Mp's would reluctantly vote for May's deal so he withdrew it.

Size of defeat 150 ish

Still blaming ALL remainers for this clusterfck then? This whole process really should have been left in the hands of declared cross party Brexiteers. In fact, I kind of hope we extend A50 and let that very outcome happen.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Calling it a 'people's vote' is bull. A referendum is a people's vote, why dress up a referendum? I think people have to be seriously challenged not to understand that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We must remember it was May that tried to exclude parliament from the Brexit process completely, she really did think she was a monarch...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Calling it a 'people's vote' is bull. A referendum is a people's vote, why dress up a referendum? I think people have to be seriously challenged not to understand that.

And conveniently ignored by the Tories when they want to - see Welsh Assembly. May got called out on that yesterday.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Still blaming ALL remainers for this clusterfck then? This whole process really should have been left in the hands of declared cross party Brexiteers. In fact, I kind of hope we extend A50 and let that very outcome happen.

Fair point .. I should have been more specific and said the remain MP's who are intent on ignoring/subverting the referendum result. Completely agree with your last comments.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How big does it have to be to declare her deal completely dead?

If I was a Brexiteer I would be voting for this, its still Brexit but the only Brexit possible that's not no deal.

I've always believed and have said on here numerous times the Brexiteers are the biggest threat to Brexit and that's still the case

'Legal default position is to leave on March 29 without a deal' :facepalm:

Up to 6 acts of Primary legislation required, 800-1000 statuary instruments also required, all the systems and processes to set up, International and EU agreements to be replicated, regulatory bodies to be set up, as well as the infrastructural and staffing requirements to be in place etc, etc.

The only way we're leaving on March 29 is if this Withdrawal Agreement is passed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Up to 6 acts of Primary legislation required, 800-1000 800-1000 statuary instruments also required, all the systems and processes to set up, International and EU agreements to be replicated, regulatory bodies to be set up, as well as the infrastructural and staffing requirements to be in place etc, etc.

The only way we're leaving on March 29 is if this Withdrawal Agreement is passed.

I have a couple more hours of work then I’m going to sit back and enjoy watching the Tories humiliated. Looking forward to this.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This whole process really should have been left in the hands of declared cross party Brexiteers

So that's basically:

The ERG of The Tory Party.
Dennis Skinner

I must admit, I'd have some reservations about the future of The UK being up to them if I'm being honest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Fair point .. I should have been more specific and said the remain MP's who are intent on ignoring/subverting the referendum result. Completely agree with your last comments.

Regardless of who did/does the negotiating, they've got to be held to account. Now we all know May has proven to be totally incompetent and just look at the absolute dorks standing behind her (Gove, Grayling). I mean they really are absolute gimps I wouldn't trust to run a bath.

If Brexiteers had led the negotiations, we'd have got a deal that reflected a broad Brexit concensus. It would either have been acceptable to most of the electorate or it would have been as utterly gash as this deal with parliament able to throw it out. Sure, there would have been accusations of remainers subverting democracy, BUT it could have been picked apart and then it pointed out that this is the best a passionate pro-Brexit working group could manage. As it is, the accusation will always (understandably) be that the remainer PM has cobbled together a shit deal - either she's done a piss poor job or she's deliberately damaged it.

Move aside May you useless clown and let people with a passion for it ON ALL SIDES actually do the negotiating.

So that's basically:

The ERG of The Tory Party.
Dennis Skinner

I must admit, I'd have some reservations about the future of The UK being up to them if I'm being honest.
Look, I agree that a good Brexit deal is impossible. But the point is, let the people who believe in it either produce that deal we don't think is possible, or be hoisted by their own petard.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How big does it have to be to declare her deal completely dead?

If I was a Brexiteer I would be voting for this, its still Brexit but the only Brexit possible that's not no deal.

I've always believed and have said on here numerous times the Brexiteers are the biggest threat to Brexit and that's still the case

Most I know want no deal. They didn't vote for a deal, they voted to leave.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Up to 6 acts of Primary legislation required, 800-1000 800-1000 statuary instruments also required, all the systems and processes to set up, International and EU agreements to be replicated, regulatory bodies to be set up, as well as the infrastructural and staffing requirements to be in place etc, etc.

May has completely run down the clock, wasted most of 2018, and wasted time after A50 was triggered. Worst PM ever..

The question is whether the EU would extend A50 without a GE or People's vote on table, can see some members of the EU 27 not wanting to give Britain more time to try and get a better deal that lets face it doesn't exist.

Hard choices ahead...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
May has completely run down the clock, wasted most of 2018, and wasted time after A50 was triggered. Worst PM ever..

The question is whether the EU would extend A50 without a GE or People's vote on table, can see some members of the EU 27 not wanting to give Britain more time to try and get a better deal that lets face it doesn't exist.

Hard choices ahead...

Please remind me, what is a 'People's vote'?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Most I know want no deal. They didn't vote for a deal, they voted to leave.

I wonder if they had to sign a contract to make each of them individually liable financially for their actions they'd be so keen. Of course, with the promise of dividend cheques on the door matt when sun uplands arrived....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here