Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Iñaki Williams - NOT a transfer rumour thread (unfortunately)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unless of course Mr Bloom has a spare £125m for the buy-out clause.

Anyhoo isn't this how the Albion should be playing, clearly it's not going to happen on Saturday but it must be how the team sees out the season.

[tweet]1084895676692017152[/tweet]

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...williams-and-a-run-like-nobody-has-run-before

The TV claimed he had run 62.3 metres. He reached 38.8km/h, they said. Which might not have been that scientific – the morning’s papers were talking 57 metres and a peak of 34.5km/h – but whatever it was, it was fast. It is hard to recall a run like it; impossible, in fact. Add in everything that went with it, the emotion, the significance, the timing, and very few goals have carried you along like this.

Yoda

English & European
Unless of course Mr Bloom has a spare £125m for the buy-out clause.

Anyhoo isn't this how the Albion should be playing, clearly it's not going to happen on Saturday but it must be how the team sees out the season.

[tweet]1084895676692017152[/tweet]

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...williams-and-a-run-like-nobody-has-run-before

The TV claimed he had run 62.3 metres. He reached 38.8km/h, they said. Which might not have been that scientific – the morning’s papers were talking 57 metres and a peak of 34.5km/h – but whatever it was, it was fast. It is hard to recall a run like it; impossible, in fact. Add in everything that went with it, the emotion, the significance, the timing, and very few goals have carried you along like this.

62 metres my arse. That would take him off the pitch from his starting position. and a peak of 34.5km/h isn't that great in the scheme of sprinting considering he's starting from a rolling start. Usain Bolt had a peak of 44.6km/h in one race. I think even my best over 100m would've had a peak of close to 34.5km/h too bearing in mind it's from nothing and having an average of 30km/h.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
62 metres my arse. That would take him off the pitch from his starting position. and a peak of 34.5km/h isn't that great in the scheme of sprinting considering he's starting from a rolling start. Usain Bolt had a peak of 44.6km/h in one race. I think even my best over 100m would've had a peak of close to 34.5km/h too bearing in mind it's from nothing and having an average of 30km/h.

Ah so that's why Bolt is amazing at football.

There's me thinking he was a bit shite because running with the ball at your feet is tricky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glenn would have buried those too.. :)

That is true, with the added bonus of us being able to get a pie from when the second move started and still be back in our seats for the inevitable conclusion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here