Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] OT - Sexual Harassment at Work - BBC article and quiz

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Morning peeps - BBC have run with a very interesting article this morning on sexual harassment at work

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/931fb95e-039c-44db-a8f0-67bbd61fa30e

It also involves a quiz to get the mind working on what could constitute sexual harassment. - if you get the oppo be interesting to see what you get?

Yours truly got 7/7, but then I use to manage a large number of people and this stuff was focused on as part of our management training.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Love the way it's the bloke being leachey in every photo. How about equality goes both ways with a question about flirting with married men or using sexuality to gain promotion?

I do feel for the latest generation of 20 something blokes. Effectively, this is saying a compliment could be construed as sexual harassment. I met my wife at work. I'd be reported to HR now!

D

Deleted member 22389

Love the way it's the bloke being leachey in every photo. How about equality goes both ways with a question about flirting with married men or using sexuality to gain promotion?

I do feel for the latest generation of 20 something blokes. Effectively, this is saying a compliment could be construed as sexual harassment. I met my wife at work. I'd be reported to HR now!

I agree.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
All but one of the quiz questions were fairly obvious, even to an old git like me.

But I'm sure I've used the line 'you obviously got the looks, while I got the brains' (and the opposite way round) to people of both sexes when I used to work :shrug:

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Good grief.

You have to have been living in a cave to not get 7/7 on that quiz.

As for the questions as to why it isn't men experiencing sexual harassment from women in the quiz to give it balance, that'll be because 99.99999999999% of cases of sexual harassment are caused by men.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good grief.

As for the questions as to why it isn't men experiencing sexual harassment from women in the quiz to give it balance, that'll be because 99.99999999999% of cases of sexual harassment are caused by men.

It's only bantz sweetheart, now be a love and put the kettle on.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Good grief.

Well, you’d be wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yours truly got 7/7, but then I use to manage a large number of people and this stuff was focused on as part of our management training.
I think your result is less to do with your training and more to do with the fact it's the easiest quiz ever.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It would be incredibly harsh if a young bloke complimented on a girls perfume, then got done for sexual harrassment because it made her feel uncomfortable, in my view.

Nobody is getting done for sexual for innocently saying 'I like your perfume.'

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You compliment someone at work on their perfume smelling good - you don't have any romantic intentions, but they send you an email saying the comment made them feel disrespected. Could this be sexual harassment?

It's all about whether it made the person uncomfortable. If they felt reasonably disrespected, legally this would mean that their dignity was violated and it is sexual harassment.

Were you complimenting them because of their gender (ie you wouldn't say the same to a...)? If this is the case, even if the comment wasn't sexual in nature, this would still be classed as sexual harassment.

It doesn't matter what your intentions were.

- If you made the victim feel any of the things under the legal definition - it's sexual harassment.
- If you didn't it's not.

:ffsparr:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It would be incredibly harsh if a young bloke complimented on a girls perfume, then got done for sexual harrassment because it made her feel uncomfortable, in my view.

Wonder if you can get 'done' for coughing and pretending to gag?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You compliment someone at work on their perfume smelling good - you don't have any romantic intentions, but they send you an email saying the comment made them feel disrespected. Could this be sexual harassment?

It's all about whether it made the person uncomfortable. If they felt reasonably disrespected, legally this would mean that their dignity was violated and it is sexual harassment.

Were you complimenting them because of their gender (ie you wouldn't say the same to a...)? If this is the case, even if the comment wasn't sexual in nature, this would still be classed as sexual harassment.

It doesn't matter what your intentions were.

- If you made the victim feel any of the things under the legal definition - it's sexual harassment.
- If you didn't it's not.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean it would actually happen. Let us know when someone actually gets done for that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here