Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Deliveroo

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Where is the deliveroo 'dark kitchen' site in brighton and whose food does it deliver under license? (just watching Panorama)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Deliveroo editions is on industrial estate Portslade/Hove. "dark kitchen" i believe is how the Guardian named them when starting up as they are bad m'kay.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
They have got a site on Olive Road in Hove called Deliveroo Editions, which I believe it a 'dark kitchen.

According to this article it says:

"Chefs from city restaurants Pho, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Moshimo, VIP Pizza, Chilli Pickle and more work at the Hove unit to provide delivery-only meals."

Feel sorry for the neighbours all the noise and disturbance, especially those bloody mopeds buzzing around late at night!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's on Olive Road in Hove/Portslade. Only know of VIP Pizza and The Chilli Pickle from it.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I had no idea that these places existed or if you put in an order it would not come direct from the restaurant. The article says they were told to close in March 2018, subject to appeal. What was the outcome?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Turns out Deliveroo are in Worthing now and I fancy a Wimpey. Anyone got a referral code ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Turns out Deliveroo are in Worthing now and I fancy a Wimpey. Anyone got a referral code ?

Are you going to ask for a bender in a bun?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exploitation so lazy middle-classes can stuff their faces. No thanks, I’d rather cook or go out.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
They have got a site on Olive Road in Hove called Deliveroo Editions, which I believe it a 'dark kitchen.

According to this article it says:

"Chefs from city restaurants Pho, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Moshimo, VIP Pizza, Chilli Pickle and more work at the Hove unit to provide delivery-only meals."

Feel sorry for the neighbours all the noise and disturbance, especially those bloody mopeds buzzing around late at night!

When i see a menu from a well known restaurant i expect my order to be sent from their premises, so no more orders from me

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you choose to order directly from the restaurant, you can.

It is made quite clear on the website where you are ordering from.

Yep the Deliveroo leaflet through the door explicitly stated it's coming from their editions kitchens. Like yourself when we've ordered from there it is hotter and fresher than when from the actual restaurant. Honestly can't tell the difference with the quality of the food.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When i see a menu from a well known restaurant i expect my order to be sent from their premises, so no more orders from me

well you'd be missing out. the recipes and ingredients are the same, and ive been told of the kitchen are far better in the new deliveroo editions sites than the old.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Not that I use Deliveroo that often ( only for KFC and they can afford the fees ! ), but if you live miles from say the Chilli Pickle as I do, would you prefer a hot fresh meal from Olive Road which is minutes from me or a cold meal from Jubliee Street which is a good 20 minutes away ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Not that I use Deliveroo that often ( only for KFC and they can afford the fees ! ), but if you live miles from say the Chilli Pickle as I do, would you prefer a hot fresh meal from Olive Road which is minutes from me or a cold meal from Jubliee Street which is a good 20 minutes away ?

I'd move closer to the Chilli Pickle :wink:

I'm guessing each of them must have their own independent hygiene rating ?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
I had no idea that these places existed or if you put in an order it would not come direct from the restaurant. The article says they were told to close in March 2018, subject to appeal. What was the outcome?

Still going through the appeal process.....council objected to 'use of site' definition when they first opened

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
well you'd be missing out. the recipes and ingredients are the same, and ive been told of the kitchen are far better in the new deliveroo editions sites than the old.

Do you really think that a top chef would dream of working in a small kitchen away from a decent restaurant and what about the condition of these kitchens,who checks them over?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Do you really think that a top chef would dream of working in a small kitchen away from a decent restaurant and what about the condition of these kitchens,who checks them over?

The concept of ‘off site cooking’ isn’t restricted to fast food places, down here some of the best restaurants have taken up a similar business plan.

For those of you that have ever ventured down to my bit of the south coast, you might be shocked to find out that “The Jetty”, and all the other restaurants owned by the same chain, prepare most of their food on an industrial estate in Somerford.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Sorry, what is the issue here? The website tells you when it's coming from an 'editions' kitchen, and it's completely up to you if you want to order from there or not. Nothing about it is misleading.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here