Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spreading the word overseas.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Today (Sunday) the winter indoor leagues started at my local facility for youth football. My youngest (9 years old) and his team mates, that he has been playing with for the last few years, wanted to do something new during the winter break. So we committed to this cool indoor 5-a-side league playing on Astro turf, two 20 minute halves, open subs, maximum of 12 on the team, 8 weeks, 2 practices a week and one game on Sunday morning.

We are a month into the practices, and have been working heavily on two touch ethics, quick passing, rolling out from the keeper, taking shots from any angle and running hard, tacking back and opening our awareness of who is free and able to keep the ball moving. We had our first game today and got properly stuffed, double figures to 5, but my point is how much fun they had, and I got to do a league where there are no rules on specific dress codes.

So with that freedom in mind, please let me introduce you to the "South Coast Seagulls" all from Huntington Beach, California.

All now hooked on BHA. Albion1.jpgAlbion2.jpgAlbion3.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barber lawsuit incoming!

Seriously though, this is brilliant - all the best with it, hope they enjoy themselves

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly, Barber-out is going to rinse you for every penny and a few flasks. :lolol:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Today (Sunday) the winter indoor leagues started at my local facility for youth football. My youngest (9 years old) and his team mates, that he has been playing with for the last few years, wanted to do something new during the winter break. So we committed to this cool indoor 5-a-side league playing on Astro turf, two 20 minute halves, open subs, maximum of 12 on the team, 8 weeks, 2 practices a week and one game on Sunday morning.

We are a month into the practices, and have been working heavily on two touch ethics, quick passing, rolling out from the keeper, taking shots from any angle and running hard, tacking back and opening our awareness of who is free and able to keep the ball moving. We had our first game today and got properly stuffed, double figures to 5, but my point is how much fun they had, and I got to do a league where there are no rules on specific dress codes.

So with that freedom in mind, please let me introduce you to the "South Coast Seagulls" all from Huntington Beach, California.

All now hooked on BHA.View attachment 103769View attachment 103770View attachment 103771

I’m sure I don’t need to say it, but at that age the result is second to the fact they have fun... focus on that and they will thank you for it - good luck with the pushy parents though!!!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I know I've said it before but ... bloody Northerners!

Seriously though, nice one mate. Saturday in the Shakespeare's Head I was outnumbered a modest 200 to 1 and had to get in there at 6:30am to get a seat (still miles better than watching on TV mind),

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Great stuff, well done you and the kids.

I particularly the guy with shades – this is a chilled look I feel more footballers should adopt.

And the lad in the front who appears to be smuggling a green nerf pistol or similar into the game.* Excellent tactics.

Along with having the inevitable offspring (far right of back row) that followed one local Dad letting Steve Sidwell shag his wife a few years ago.

* Ok so it's probably just a cast on his arm, but at first glance it does look like a water pistol or something...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank you sir, one would expect nothing else from the incumbent Ben's Grandad. Every post counts.

It was a joke hence the :lolol:

I'm sure the club absolutely love your effort and wouldn't be at all surprised if 'tribute' finds it's way to you, but where's the fun in that.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Great stuff, well done you and the kids.

I particularly the guy with shades – this is a chilled look I feel more footballers should adopt.

And the lad in the front who appears to be smuggling a green nerf pistol or similar into the game.* Excellent tactics.

Along with having the inevitable offspring (far right of back row) that followed one local Dad letting Steve Sidwell shag his wife a few years ago.

* Ok so it's probably just a cast on his arm, but at first glance it does look like a water pistol or something...

Top observations sir, the one with the green arm is my boy, it is a cast, broke it snowboarding a few weeks ago, back playing in 3 more weeks.

The one with shades has shockingly bad eye issues, but can run and hit a ball better than anyone. His glasses are those fancy prescription ones that change color when you go outside, he has been told that he may be blind by his late teenage years, so his family is employing every dollar into making that not happen, and giving him every opportunity to play as much as he can.

Regarding Sidwell launching the fella on the rights mum, I have thought that myself, except this little fella still shy's away from a tackle at the moment, so not quite convinced he is the seed of the Ginger prince.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I know I've said it before but ... bloody Northerners!

Seriously though, nice one mate. Saturday in the Shakespeare's Head I was outnumbered a modest 200 to 1 and had to get in there at 6:30am to get a seat (still miles better than watching on TV mind),

For a second there I was wondering how you'd even get 201 people in the Shakespeare's Head by Seven Dials and why on earth it was open at 6.30am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here