Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southgate to Man Utd, Hughton for England?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Southgate widely being linked as the next possible Man Utd manager, wouldn’t be many better candidates to replace him than Hughton...

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Southgate widely being linked as the next possible Man Utd manager, wouldn’t be many better candidates to replace him than Hughton...

Gareth brings youth through so no starter. Poch if he doesn’t go to Man U

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I'm sure I read somewhere that there had been a link with Southgate being a future Brighton boss after his England stint

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think its way too early for next Man U manager, they've months to sound out and interview targets. its going to be someone foreign.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Well I was behind Southgate in the immigration queue in Minneapolis last year wearing a Brighton scarf. He looked at it and never said a bloody word, so it's a no from me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I nearly gave the OP a thunbs up for something the other day. What was I thinking? :facepalm:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Southgate's club management career has been patchy at best. Yes the world cup journey was exciting and surprising as well. However if you look at the details England could have gone out on penalties in the 1st knock out round, and the semi final v Croatia was a huge opportunity missed. A favourable draw in that tournament meant you were thinking which great teams did we actually beat? Hughton is more likely a candidate for the Ireland job in the future.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Southgate's club management career has been patchy at best. Yes the world cup journey was exciting and surprising as well. However if you look at the details England could have gone out on penalties in the 1st knock out round, and the semi final v Croatia was a huge opportunity missed. A favourable draw in that tournament meant you were thinking which great teams did we actually beat? Hughton is more likely a candidate for the Ireland job in the future.

He still has a lot to prove. At least he has changed the whole set up at England though that others failed to do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you saying out of the 35,000 thumbs up you have given out that you have never given him one???

You b@@txxd.

Top research :lolol::thumbsup:

I tried to put him on ignore a while ago, truth be told, but found that you can't put a moderator on ignore. Oh well. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope you won't become a mod then.:wink:

I do hope I haven't tempted you block me. :ohmy:

Still. Fair point. It's always best to have the obliviate/expelliamus option to hand. Just in case, like :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here