Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who should be our starting central stiker?

Who should lead the line?

• Murray

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Andone

Votes: 38 55.9%
  • Horses for Courses

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Following on from the resurrected thread by [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] who should lead the line in the central striking role for the rest of the season?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I've voted Horses for Courses just to get us going, though yesterday, with hindsight, we selected the wrong horse for the course.

I can see exactly how CH would have selected Murray to try to bully the inexperienced Fabinho yesterday and I said to my travelling companions that Murray would get the nod for that reason on our way over to the stadium.

The problem was VVD is good enough for two centre backs on his own and the selection of Murray and Gross meant we had no pace at all through the middle. An easy day for VVD in hindsight. I wouldn't lose the mixing up tactic just because of this one though. If we feel we need more pace and a snappier, Vardy type player then Andone starts. If we want a physical bully who'll bury half chances it's Murray. Up to the coaching and scouting team to pick which team's centre backs are which.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#TeamHorse.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Interestingly it does look as if Locadia is one of the first names on the team sheet if we play 4-3-3 whereas one of Murray and Andone miss out. Who'd have thunk that a couple of months ago?

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Can I ask somebody who wants to vote Murray to vote for Andone. I have somehow managed to vote Murray and need a person of honour to undo my mistake! :dunce:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I've voted Horses for Courses just to get us going, though yesterday, with hindsight, we selected the wrong horse for the course.

I can see exactly how CH would have selected Murray to try to bully the inexperienced Fabinho yesterday and I said to my travelling companions that Murray would get the nod for that reason on our way over to the stadium.

The problem was VVD is good enough for two centre backs on his own and the selection of Murray and Gross meant we had no pace at all through the middle. An easy day for VVD in hindsight. I wouldn't lose the mixing up tactic just because of this one though. If we feel we need more pace and a snappier, Vardy type player then Andone starts. If we want a physical bully who'll bury half chances it's Murray. Up to the coaching and scouting team to pick which team's centre backs are which.

Totally agree

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Horses for courses for now, 50/50 ish - so long as we get the right course at the right time. Gradually edging more towards Andone as the season goes on.

Murray should get an extension to 2020 though (if he hasn't already), but only as back up/occasional impact sub.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends on the game but the decision to give Murray the nod over Andone yesterday was not a good one. Andone with his pace would have given the Liverpool defence far more to think about. If CH thought Murray’s aerial ability would benefit it has to be said that he got it wrong. Way too late with the substitutions too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Andone.

Just an opinion but Murray has looked out of sorts since early December (probably post Palace).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd rather like to see us start with all three - Murray, Andone and Horse.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Depends on the game but the decision to give Murray the nod over Andone yesterday was not a good one. Andone with his pace would have given the Liverpool defence far more to think about. If CH thought Murray’s aerial ability would benefit it has to be said that he got it wrong. Way too late with the substitutions too.

To be fair, all the talk before yesterday was about keeping the score down, with various predictions of 4 or 5 against, hence the half chance goal sniffer was selected. IFHughton had hindsight and known how close a game we would give them then possibly Andone would have got the nod.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whoever is in the better form, although having said that a team with Izquierdo, Jahanbaksh, Andone and Bissouma would have a lot of pace to attack teams on counter attacks

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Horses for courses, but i’d love that to also include both of them in some games - i’m particularly thinking about the Huddersfield and Cardiff home games where I think we should go for the jugular in those games.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Horses or Andone. In other words, not Murray automatically. That's my feeling, anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here