Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    He looks dreadful at the moment. It's as if time starts to slow down every time he gets the ball. He passing was his big asset last season and this year he gives the ball away a lot. Not contributing anywhere near enough for a first team place. Would pick Bissouma every day when fit.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Think all those moneyball stats hid a player with obvious limitations. I’d like to see others get chances ahead of him when Ali J and Jose are back
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Needs a rest and give Bissouma a run in the side when fit. He makes Murray look quick and has totally lost his touch!
      I really hope he can recapture his form again because he isn’t worth his place at the moment, 1 goal 1 assists is very poor.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have we ever witnessed such a decline in a player between one season and the next? What has happened this season?

Like most, I was in love with him last season but he has looked woeful so far this. Incredibly lucky to keep his place at the moment. How do we get the old Gross back?!
      Jesus Weeps.

Do you ever CRY ?

Or are you a TOOL ?
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Hemed, Towell ( 1 further year option ).

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Think all those moneyball stats hid a player with obvious limitations. I’d like to see others get chances ahead of him when Ali J and Jose are back
      Spurious stats such as goals and assists.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
      He looks dreadful at the moment. It's as if time starts to slow down every time he gets the ball. He passing was his big asset last season and this year he gives the ball away a lot. Not contributing anywhere near enough for a first team place. Would pick Bissouma every day when fit.
      Took the words out of my mouth.

Gross gets the ball and has 10 yards on his man. Gross tries to get up to speed. Gross gets caught and loses the ball.

The only thing vaguely keeping him in the team is his crossing ability.
      Barndoor Gatting, Barndoor Davies, Barndoor Holroyd, Barndoor Paynter. Who is next for this coveted title? Barnes is currently favourite to take the crown from Billy Paynter.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      Have we ever witnessed such a decline in a player between one season and the next? What has happened this season?

?!
      Peter Smith
      Only the musically educated have Pet Sounds...

Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Over?

Founder of the 'There's Nothing Wrong With Portslade' Society

1 Not allowed!
      I've had a watching brief over Pascal Gross for the last few games and to be honest I can't figure out how he makes the starting line-up for most games this season.

Slow thinking with the ball, lack of pace when running with the ball and no vision to pass it to our front line players, also he is very weak in a tackle.

Chris Hughton seriously needs to consider dropping him as when we play without him we improve tremendously, Kayal or Bissouma can and will do a much better job.

Solly is another who drives me mad at the moment, he is currently playing better than Gross but on far too many occasions his head doesn't appear to be 100% in the game.

0 Not allowed!
      He's definitely dipped, but the rest of our team have improved as has the system, so it looks more stark than it really is.

6 Not allowed!
      If only we could go back in time to the NSC for the 3 months Pascal wasn't in the team?

Those halcyon days of someone even calling 606 saying CH needed to be sacked.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.