Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Pascal Gross mystery

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Have we ever witnessed such a decline in a player between one season and the next? What has happened this season?

Like most, I was in love with him last season but he has looked woeful so far this. Incredibly lucky to keep his place at the moment. How do we get the old Gross back?!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We have totally changed our formation in the last month or so which hasn’t really helped. Looks like he could do with a rest.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Never fully bought into all the hype about him last season, but I thought he was OK today and put together a few good potential assists.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think he is doing just as well as last season and contributing

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was slow last season this season is painful to watch at times.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He looks dreadful at the moment. It's as if time starts to slow down every time he gets the ball. He passing was his big asset last season and this year he gives the ball away a lot. Not contributing anywhere near enough for a first team place. Would pick Bissouma every day when fit.

Think all those moneyball stats hid a player with obvious limitations. I’d like to see others get chances ahead of him when Ali J and Jose are back

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Needs a rest and give Bissouma a run in the side when fit. He makes Murray look quick and has totally lost his touch!
I really hope he can recapture his form again because he isn’t worth his place at the moment, 1 goal 1 assists is very poor.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have we ever witnessed such a decline in a player between one season and the next? What has happened this season?

Like most, I was in love with him last season but he has looked woeful so far this. Incredibly lucky to keep his place at the moment. How do we get the old Gross back?!
Jesus Weeps.

Do you ever CRY ?

Or are you a TOOL ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He looks dreadful at the moment. It's as if time starts to slow down every time he gets the ball. He passing was his big asset last season and this year he gives the ball away a lot. Not contributing anywhere near enough for a first team place. Would pick Bissouma every day when fit.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Gross gets the ball and has 10 yards on his man. Gross tries to get up to speed. Gross gets caught and loses the ball.

The only thing vaguely keeping him in the team is his crossing ability.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I've had a watching brief over Pascal Gross for the last few games and to be honest I can't figure out how he makes the starting line-up for most games this season.

Slow thinking with the ball, lack of pace when running with the ball and no vision to pass it to our front line players, also he is very weak in a tackle.

Chris Hughton seriously needs to consider dropping him as when we play without him we improve tremendously, Kayal or Bissouma can and will do a much better job.

Solly is another who drives me mad at the moment, he is currently playing better than Gross but on far too many occasions his head doesn't appear to be 100% in the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only we could go back in time to the NSC for the 3 months Pascal wasn't in the team?

Those halcyon days of someone even calling 606 saying CH needed to be sacked.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here