Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Positives from today?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're going to have to keep a list of palace's failings this season.
As by the time 'they' finally remember their passwords we'd have forgotten half of them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2 words:-

BIG

&

JURG

Some of his touchline to touchline passing today was magnificent.

This ball to Gross early in the second half was absolutely sublime.

This won’t go down well but I think he quite possibly has the best football brain in the squad, his decision making is class and he makes simple passes that open space for the others. Very impressed by his performance today. He needs to play with forwards quicker than Gross and Murray before we see the best of him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gross had a very good game - he’s not getting the same profile now he’s dropped back into a midfield 3 but he put in a hell of a shift.

The Radio Sussex team in their 5pm to 6pm analysis, plus Albion fans they spoke to outside the ground, thought Gross played poorly or wasn’t anywhere near his levels of last season. They wondered if the injury had affected him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A positives thread has morphed into a bitterness thread, as Harveys/lager hangovers kick in.

Positives:
1. CH has turned our team into one capable of competing with anyone (other than the world class of football Chelsea and ManC who always kick our arse).

2. Great defence.

3. Locadia and Knockaert are looking bloody good.

4. After ManU so many winnable matches lie ahead.
ManU are beatable.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The fact that Man City are going to win the league is currently the only this that's really cheering me up

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This won’t go down well but I think he quite possibly has the best football brain in the squad, his decision making is class and he makes simple passes that open space for the others. Very impressed by his performance today. He needs to play with forwards quicker than Gross and Murray before we see the best of him.

Still wonder why it took so bloody long! Up to about a month ago it really did look like we'd bought a dud, and those of us who thought so, based on the evidence available, have nothing to feel embarrassed about. Truly glad that he finally seems to have come good.

Let's hope next time we break our transfer record we don't have to wait almost a year for them to 'settle in'!

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Dunks stock has risen even further today. Entirely possible that he and V VD could be in partnership next season (with an exchange circa 50 million)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Plenty. Locadia's lay-off's were excellent, and his running off the ball looked good. Thought Propper showed some real touches of class. Bong looked really good as well (if only he could cross). Subs really up for it, and wanting to make a difference as soon as they came on. Button looked quite commanding in the box. Very pleasing in the main.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is the fact we didn't have one shot on target a positive?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Dunks stock has risen even further today. Entirely possible that he and V VD could be in partnership next season (with an exchange circa 50 million)

A quick NSC fact check with people in the know and who know his family will show Lewis joined Liverpool at the beginning of this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here