Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Most Albion games i've seen this season on match of the day, have been less "coverage" and more an "airbrushing of history".

No way am I watching it. It's going to be grim. Especially, the didn't Kevin Friend have a good game section that Murphy is currently preparing

...you will though wont you ! :D

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What a surprise.

Marvel at the amazingness of Liverpool, praise Chris Hughton (such a gentleman and is doing sooo well with his little club..) and next up it's...

Actually the Sky interview with Klopp was brilliant - He complimentary described Chris as a ''clever fox'' tactically - I liked the comment

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool take 47 minutes to have a shot on target, and Ian Wright says he's disappointed with OUR approach :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Definitely have to agree with Mr Wright's view. We should have really gone for it a really aggressive expansive style of play.....................and lost 5 nil!

Yeh churlish comments as we did fashion some good openings, Murray’s misdirected header in first half and then Gross not getting his header right to set up a free player a few yards out and then Gross again having a shot charged down from another good position, sure I’ve missed some too

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Strange comments from Ian Wright, if you try to out attack Liverpool, they will destroy you. They have scored in every away game this season, and we were still in it at the end. No wonder he never made the step up to manager.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Declan Rice seems a quality and composed defender especially at only 19, Rice and Duffy is a quality pairing for Ireland. Shame he didnt choose England.

He still could.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Declan Rice seems a quality and composed defender especially at only 19, Rice and Duffy is a quality pairing for Ireland. Shame he didnt choose England.

He's a midfielder isn't he? And I didn't think he'd made his mind up yet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, wanted March to play attacking and go at them all game, we tried that kind of tactic last season and got taken apart, but Wright didn’t seem to recognise that?!

They’ll be plenty who’ll agree. At 0-1 you’re always in it, 0-2 game over. Thought Locadia did get further forward but not really acknowledged. We were a bit toothless though.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We’ve lost 1-0, to a penalty no less. We effectively shut out a team that are likely to finish no lower than second. Oh! And they were Champions League finalists last season. You’d have to be pretty bloody churlish to be seriously upset about that.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That Huddersfield (non) penalty..!. Lee Mason really is an awful referee.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Thoroughly enjoyed Wilf’s wide eyed disbelief as Palace went down to another home defeat. Well worth the licence fee.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He's a midfielder isn't he? And I didn't think he'd made his mind up yet.

He is CB but can play CDM I believe. I thought he was a full Irish international now?

He still could.

Edit: just checked:

International career

Although born in London, Rice is eligible to play for Ireland as his grandparents were from Cork. On 19 March 2017, Rice was named Republic of Ireland U17 player of the year. On 23 May 2017, only days after his Premier League debut, Rice was named in the Republic of Ireland squad to play friendlies against Mexico and Uruguay and a World Cup qualifier at home to Austria He made his senior debut on 23 March 2018 in a 1–0 defeat to Turkey.

International Decision

In August 2018, Rice was omitted from the squad to play Wales by manager Martin O'Neill who said that Rice was considering switching to play for England after being approached by them. By November 2018, having been omitted from three squads selected by O'Neill, Rice said he was no closer in deciding whether to play for Ireland or England.[25] In December 2018, Rice met with new Ireland manager Mick McCarthy and his assistant, Robbie Keane. McCarthy said that Rice was a potential future captain of Ireland and that he would build the team around Rice should he decide to play for the country.

I thought once you make a full international appearance then you're committed to that country?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here