Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] BBC Four - Guitar, Drum & Base - Tonight 21:00 hrs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BBC Four really does music superbly so new three part series tonight starting off with drums and Stewart Copeland ex Police

I suspect this will not disappoint as one of his drum heroes is Gonzo from the Muppet Show no less

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001y8k

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
AKA known as Blokes That Hang Around with Musicians. :jester:

Only joking, my favourite musician of all time has a brilliant drummer who has helped him eke out his career far past what it would have been without him. (That's Vini Reilly and Bruce Mitchell)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Enjoyed that, although it was a bit rock-based.
Delighted to see that next week is bass, hosted by Tina Weymouth.

Well, that'll be rock as well. Thought that was what it was meant to be about.

Much talk about feeling the song, moving with the chord changes, playing to the lyrics and the feel of the song, so that you could recognise the song - and where in the song you were - from the drumming. Couldn't agree more with that. Strange then, that they whisked past Keith Moon in about three seconds. Still, I suppose it would have been tough to get an interview.......................................

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Thanks for the reminder on this - I'd forgotten too! It's on again at 1am tomorrow; have set a series link for it as bound to forget subsequent parts too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Only joking, my favourite musician of all time has a brilliant drummer who has helped him eke out his career far past what it would have been without him. (That's Vini Reilly and Bruce Mitchell)

Bloke walks in to a shop and asks for a plectrum and a new set of strings for his guitar, The bloke behind the counter says "I think you'd be better off with a new set of sticks and a cymbal". "But I've got a guitar, I'm a gutarist" replies the customer. "No, I definitely think you'd be better off with some drum equipment". "OK" the customer whispers, "you got me, I'm really a drummer. How did you know?"

"This is a fish and chip shop"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
BBC Four really does music superbly so new three part series tonight starting off with drums and Stewart Copeland ex Police

I suspect this will not disappoint as one of his drum heroes is Gonzo from the Muppet Show no less

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001y8k

Thanks for the heads up. As you say, the BBC truly excel with stuff like this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports