Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't there a similar situation last year, when the Albion had to choose what allocation of seats they wanted at Manure? I am not totally sure but think that had we gone for the upper allocation and then not sold them, we would have been billed anyway. Is this why clubs open up certain sections only initially, so as to sell that lot first and then move down, so to speak, rather than hand over an entire area, only for it to be possibly half-filled, and lose revenue, as they cannot then sell to home fans? Perhaps someone who genuinely knows can help.
    Definitely the case in the prem. Previously detailed by PB in one of his lengthy missives shared on here.
    Definitely not quite the same for cups though.
    Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B.W. View Post
      And has the added advantage of p1ssing off regulars... yes, it's a definite winner! ;-)
      I'm a regular, and not p1ssed off. So, I have to sit in another part of the ground. Don't you and @Hastings gull welcome the chance of a different view? It's just a bit of change. It's still easy to buy a ticket, and using 'Friends & Family' you can still sit with the people you want to. Where's the fire?
      Either that wallpaper goes or I do

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      I'm a regular, and not p1ssed off. So, I have to sit in another part of the ground. Don't you and @Hastings gull welcome the chance of a different view? It's just a bit of change. It's still easy to buy a ticket, and using 'Friends & Family' you can still sit with the people you want to. Where's the fire?
      Actually, I am in a different part of the ground and there is something to be said for trying out other areas, I fully accept. But the fact remains that I, like( I am sure) thousands of other fans would have preferred to have been given the choice. It is not just the seat itself, but the good view and the chance to chat with people whom I have known at the Albion for years. That has been unnecessarily thrown into confusion.

1 Not allowed!
      I'm mainly following this thread because a Portsmouth #**** friend believed they would have a bigger attendance. I took the bet before the very reasonable pricing was announced. Now wish we'd done it as a spread.
      Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.
      Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

1 Not allowed!
      Actually, I am in a different part of the ground and there is something to be said for trying out other areas, I fully accept. But the fact remains that I, like( I am sure) thousands of other fans would have preferred to have been given the choice. It is not just the seat itself, but the good view and the chance to chat with people whom I have known at the Albion for years. That has been unnecessarily thrown into confusion.
      there is no confusion at all,the club said they would sell tickets like this,have used exactly the same system before, so its not even different to previous cup games, so why are you confused. If you are that "friendly" with the people you see every game you will be able to chat with them outside the confines of a match and buy seats together anyway-if not then you can chat with them next game. No confusion here- just people deliberately finding fault with a system that is offering people plenty of opportunity to see a game at a very reasonable price
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

9 Not allowed!
      I'm fumming.

I sit with people I go to the pub with, I'll have been in the pub (and the train) with them for two hours before the game, and will probably meet them after, and will be sitting next to them the following two Saturdays against Watford and Burnley, but this is an OUTRAGE as for 90 minutes we will be apart.

Why can't the team have done the decent thing and lost at Bournemouth and none of this SHAMBLES would have arisen.

#BarberOut
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbrighton View Post
      there is no confusion at all,the club said they would sell tickets like this,have used exactly the same system before, so its not even different to previous cup games, so why are you confused. If you are that "friendly" with the people you see every game you will be able to chat with them outside the confines of a match and buy seats together anyway-if not then you can chat with them next game. No confusion here- just people deliberately finding fault with a system that is offering people plenty of opportunity to see a game at a very reasonable price
      Not sure if I expressed myself badly or you have misunderstood. Of course it is the same as last year and for other cup games, and I was fully expecting that the lower tiers only would initially be opened, though it was entirely predictable that the upper tiers would also be needed. And yes ,of course I can chat with fans who sit near me at the next match -here you are being rather pedantic. But I would have preferred to sit with those with whom I have a rapport rather than strangers in another area - it is not the end of the world, admittedly, but perfectly normal that you would want the best possible matchday experience, to quote the jargon.What I meant about confusion is that some fans will have bought in areas, which they might not have wanted, but chose not to risk the club refusing to open the upper tiers, whereas others will have kept their nerve and waited until they had a chance to get their seat, and you would not necessarily know what your mates have opted for. Some fans have said on this thread that they did indeed wait for ESU and then were too late for their own seat.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Yes, you are right about the cost of opening the whole ground, but in reality did you or indeed anyone think that only the lower tiers would be needed, given that the fans mojo at present must be quite high? At least ESU or WSU could have been opened immediately, thus keeping regular fans happy, who would not have been messed about, wondering what to do to get their normal seat.
      Can't please everybody though, had they opened the EU. it would have pi..ed off the WU st. holders and vise versa.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      I'm fumming.
      Just looked up fumming to see what it meant. Shouldn't have...

1 Not allowed!
      I waited for ESU to open, and will be sitting with @Hamilton in row 2. We are normally in WSU block H I am really looking forward to the change of view and can't understand how, for cup games, people have a problem in not being able to secure 'their' seat.

No way was I going to buy in the lower tiers, though.