Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Owen jones añd andrew neil last night

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone see the programme after QT last night.

It's normally quite light hearted and pokes fun at politics, but firstly Owen jones had a right go at Portillo after they clashed over corbyn's IRA sympathies...then there was an almighty shouting match with him and andrew neil regarding neil's involvement with The Spectator and the accusation that neil was responsible for whipping up any migrant rhetoric.

I was trying to go to bed, but it was brilliant TV

I think it may be on the iPlayer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will watch this. I have a lot of time for Owen Jones.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep saw it. Compelling as you say. Owen Jones is an almighty prick, as he demonstrated once again.

He acted like the child he still bizarrely looks like.

D

Deleted member 22389

Can't stand the bloke either. He doesn't help bring people together, he divides them in my opinion. Sooner this country gets a party and people down the middle, listens to both sides without this pathetic name calling the better.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think Jones is an intelligent and eloquent guy but still seems to be in his "student politics" phase. I find his stuff difficult to read because it's so fiercely biased towards the Momentum mindset and seems to regard other liberal standpoints as somehow impure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think Jones is an intelligent and eloquent guy but still seems to be in his "student politics" phase. I find his stuff difficult to read because it's so fiercely biased towards the Momentum mindset and seems to regard other liberal standpoints as somehow impure.

That's a more eloquent version of what I wrote, certainly.

His voxpop thing he tried at the Conservative conference, attempting to get people to hang themselves on camera, was cringeworthy, although I imagine his acolytes thought it to be brilliant.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Both Owen Jones and Andrew Neil are awful.

Andrew Neil is a nasty misogynist. His vile tweet to Carole Cadwalladr was never really retracted and glossed over by the BBC.

[tweet]1083640544931258368[/tweet]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

That just about sums it up for me, too. He needs to be a bit less single-minded.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Im no fan of Owen (even myself being a 'loony' lefty) but he does have a point re the Spectator and the rhetoric it has been spouting in the past few years. Once a somewhat respectable classical liberal print, now gradually turning into a 'intelligent' version of breitbart.
If you look at Andrew Neils views, to me atleast they are rather nefarious in many aspects and needs to be called out on more. Just not by Owen Jones on Neils own show, where he is obviously not going to be able to eruditely get the point across.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
One thing I will say about Owen Jones is that he perfectly captures and represents the mentality of the left today.

D

Deleted member 22389

They all need an extended break from twitter. At the end of the day this ranting gets people nowhere. Waste of time and energy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Spectator is turning into a horrible, irresponsible cesspit full of posh fascists.
Owen Jones is brave, articulate, politically absolutely spot on and sometimes a bit annoying.

i've seen people describe Jones as a posh fascists (infering totalitarian).

seems he wandered off piste, abusing the interview to have a pop at Spectator rather than the issue. wasted his air time.

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
Time to bring the photo out that Owen Jones wants removed from the internet

1EBD6C8D-235F-450C-B21F-9849FAA21A7A.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here