Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 106
  1. #71
    Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    18,524


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spanish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Owen Jones is just walking clickbait really isnt he. No real qualifications to warrant his status and presence in debates and political discourse. The absolute embodiment of all that is wrong currently.
    No not really, just a dissenting voice as is Rees Mogg.

    He gets very angry on live TV but does some interesting interviews with people he disagrees with or put it another way people who disagree with him.

    Sorry Bozza has got it bang wrong on the conservative party conference video, the participants simply didn't have the balls to challenge him.

    Watch his interview with Peter Hitchen.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      22,708


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No not really, just a dissenting voice as is Rees Mogg.

      He gets very angry on live TV but does some interesting interviews with people he disagrees with or put it another way people who disagree with him.

      Sorry Bozza has got it bang wrong on the conservative party conference video, the participants simply didn't have the balls to challenge him.

      Watch his interview with Peter Hitchen.
      He’s a bit Jekyll & Hyde. After Labour election defeats he can be magnanimous, and I said in the earlier (and very short lived) thread this week about left and right thugs intimidating opponents, that he was briefly part of an unholy alliance with other bright folk such as Daniel Finkenstein. But then he switches back into an arrogant 17 year old mode, unlistening, defensive, unnecessarily going on the attack. It may sit well with Momentum and other hard left bedfellows, but with the amount of airtime he gets, he has a great opportunity to influence many others. Instead a lack of charm and people skills in those moments win him no new friends.
    • #73
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      18,524


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He’s a bit Jekyll & Hyde. After Labour election defeats he can be magnanimous, and I said in the earlier (and very short lived) thread this week about left and right thugs intimidating opponents, that he was briefly part of an unholy alliance with other bright folk such as Daniel Finkenstein. But then he switches back into an arrogant 17 year old mode, unlistening, defensive, unnecessarily going on the attack. It may sit well with Momentum and other hard left bedfellows, but with the amount of airtime he gets, he has a great opportunity to influence many others. Instead a lack of charm and people skills in those moments win him no new friends.
      Much better in an environment like this:



      Possibly one of my favourite interviews ever.
    • #74
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      45,365


      4 Not allowed!
      Its pretty clear Jones is a decent, intelligent guy with interesting thoughts and views. But what I also like is how he bugs Tories....as is evident from certain posts in this thread.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #75
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      18,524


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It’s pretty clear Jones is a decent, intelligent guy with interesting thoughts and views. But what I also like is how he bugs Tories....as is evident from certain posts in this thread.
      I actively seek out listening to people I disagree with. Owen Jones in a live situation irritates me as much as the next, but the Hitchen interview is enlightening for the way he draws out beliefs from Hitchen that most would be amazed he has. Both quite obviously saying what they actually believe in with respect for both.

      However, I enjoyed his spat with Andrew Neil last night. He really does need calling out and Andrew Neil completely bottled it. Disagree with Jones as I do on a lot of things at least he is consistent. Andrew Neil is obviously one of many guises and if you get called out on another live with it or withdraw from public life.
    • #76
      Members Chicken Run's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      8,876


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Owen Jones is a future Prime Minister and hopefully a Labour MP after the next election
      Id love him to knock on my door!
    • #77
      ʕ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) Dick Head's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Quaxxann
      Posts
      8,862


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can't stand the bloke either. He doesn't help bring people together, he divides them in my opinion. Sooner this country gets a party and people down the middle, listens to both sides without this pathetic name calling the better.
      He's not that bad, old Brillo.
      ● A 21-year-old man from Shoreham was arrested at the Amex stadium on suspicion of throwing a pie at Wilfried Zaha ●
    • #78
      Members Chicken Run's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      8,876


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Its pretty clear Neil is a decent, intelligent guy with interesting thoughts and views. But what I also like is how he bugs Commies....as is evident from certain posts in this thread.
      Edited for you
    • #79

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can't stand the bloke either. He doesn't help bring people together, he divides them in my opinion. Sooner this country gets a party and people down the middle, listens to both sides without this pathetic name calling the better.
      Didn't we have that for a bit and then he started a war for his own purposes?
    • #80
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      45,365


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Andrew Neil is a nasty misogynist. His vile tweet to Carole Cadwalladr was never really retracted and glossed over by the BBC.

      Hes a vile loud mouth bully who panders to the far-right and then claims innocence. Im glad Jones has called him out on this.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •