Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] scan in JPEG etc

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am completing a government form on line but it requires a passport photo in either GIF,JPG JPEG or PNG but the photo I scanned was in PDF and that is not an accepted file format

How do I change this to an acceptable format. I have googled it but do not understand how to do it as it says use Paint. Any simple adviser advice please on how to do it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am completing a government form on line but it requires a passport photo in either GIF,JPG JPEG or PNG but the photo I scanned was in PDF and that is not an accepted file format

How do I change this to an acceptable format. I have googled it but do not understand how to do it as it says use Paint. Any simple adviser advice please on how to do it.

I definitely wouldn’t use paint. It’s a nightmare if it gets under the keyboard, especially gloss.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Open the file in paint and save it as one of the acceptable formats if you havent got MS Paint then use free software like GIMP or Paint.net

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Open the file in paint and save it as one of the acceptable formats if you havent got MS Paint then use free software like GIMP or Paint.net

:lolol: I wish I could see Bensgrandads face when he puts that into Google.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
rescan, set output to other format.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Down load app turbo scan
Use it to take photo of document
It changes photo to many formats
Email to yourself
Then you have document/ photo in format you want.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here