Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 216168697071727374 ... LastLast
    Members

2 Not allowed!

Look at the ginger beard, look at it. LOOK.

How can he possibly not be eligible for a People's Republic of Scotland passport?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A tad aggressive.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So basically we are taking a punt on a young talented player with a view to get him on our books, so we can sell him at some point for a supposed profit?

And what is the difference to this and what Chelsea are doing buying up all the young talent with a view that they will never get to play in the first team...which a lot of people on here bitch about?

I want players to be bought to strengthen the squad and play for the team, not some commodity trading bollocks.
      F*ck me, struggle to see the point on here at times. Do you want me to go back and highlight the bit where I said this loan move had a very real possibility of helping him break in to the Argentina squad which in turn could help him play here?

For what it’s worth, I’d argue every player we’ve signed for the last 2 years (at least) is “a punt on a young talented player with a view to get him on our books, so we can sell him at some point for a supposed profit.”. We sign a Bissoima or a Bernardo for a low fee, get them on the books for a couple of years and hope they perform well enough to sell on for a profit when the big clubs start circling.

Signing any young player is a gamble; whether they’re from Argentina, Albania or Aldrington. This is just a bigger risk for a potentially bigger reward.
      If you're past 25 and you're still doing gang
      You’re known as a artefact

Kwengface - Fire In The Booth

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
      Because he looks an incredible young talent, and we got him at a good price.

Boca are arguably the biggest club in world football outside of Europe. A good 12 months there and he could break in to the Argentina squad which would either help him get a work permit to come here or convince a club in Spain or Italy to offer us a deal that’s worth more than we’ve paid for him.

It's amazing this still needs to be explained.

I haven't followed it closely over all the relevant threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is just being puked up by the same 2 or 3 posters who are just refusing to accept the reality of supporting one of the worlds riches clubs.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      He's not Palace ha ha
      Bollocks. It's all gone to shirt.

Am I watching Brighton or Barcelona?
      Members

7 Not allowed!
      Ok, disappointed that we wont be seeing Mac in the stripes for another season but..... We have just loaned out a player to Boca for a year, thats Boca Juniors, THE BOCA JUNIORS, not Aldershot, Bognor or even Wigan, WOW.

Fwiw, i think this is an excellent move for both player and club, Mac gets to play for his boyhood idols, gains experience of the pressures of playing at one of the worlds biggest clubs, hopefully plays in the South American version of the champions league, maybe even wins it, and possibly even gets picked for Argentina. All of which helps with work permits, passports etc. Then in a years time we get a player with far more experience of top level football than he currently has.

Lets not kid ourselves, if Mac Allister wasn't already ours and we were signing him straight from Boca, the excitement levels would be through the roof.
      In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by schmunk View Post

Look at the ginger beard, look at it. LOOK.

How can he possibly not be eligible for a People's Republic of Scotland passport?
      Does he not have a striking resemblance to the Argie hero Messi ? Not sure if it's been mentioned before though as I cannot be bothered to read back through this thread ! ( well he does to me at any rate )

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ecosse Exile View Post
      Ok, disappointed that we wont be seeing Mac in the stripes for another season but..... We have just loaned out a player to Boca for a year, thats Boca Juniors, THE BOCA JUNIORS, not Aldershot, Bognor or even Wigan, WOW.

Fwiw, i think this is an excellent move for both player and club, Mac gets to play for his boyhood idols, gains experience of the pressures of playing at one of the worlds biggest clubs, hopefully plays in the South American version of the champions league, maybe even wins it, and possibly even gets picked for Argentina. All of which helps with work permits, passports etc. Then in a years time we get a player with far more experience of top level football than he currently has.

Lets not kid ourselves, if Mac Allister wasn't already ours and we were signing him straight from Boca, the excitement levels would be through the roof.
      That's all great and dandy as long as we are still in the Premier and not relegated not sure he'd be quite so happy to play in the championship. Yes I know we can sell him for big bucks then but I want to see the good players we sign actually play for us not the club effectively becoming a large recruitment agency.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
      Go on you know you want to.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lethargic View Post
      That's all great and dandy as long as we are still in the Premier and not relegated not sure he'd be quite so happy to play in the championship. Yes I know we can sell him for big bucks then but I want to see the good players we sign actually play for us not the club effectively becoming a large recruitment agency.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
      And thats all fine and dandy if he's actually eligible to play for us, which currently he is not.
      In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

0 Not allowed!

This

2 Not allowed!

Just one carveat, were still unlikely to be buying a player from Boca, despite them wanting one of ours.

Gotta wonder just how many more posters have to post simple common sense before the 'only by first team players' thickos finally pipe down
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.