Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bring him over here and give him 12 games to be the saviour of our season? No pressure on the lad then? Well, as he won't be up to PL speed he'll fail horribly, prove not to be the messiah, or even as good a player as we hope - then we can all agree he's shitehouse and send him back to Boca for less than we paid for him.

Some plan, eh? I really hope the club waits to bring him over in the summer.

Exactly where I am....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bring him over here and give him 12 games to be the saviour of our season? No pressure on the lad then? Well, as he won't be up to PL speed he'll fail horribly, prove not to be the messiah, or even as good a player as we hope - then we can all agree he's shitehouse and send him back to Boca for less than we paid for him.

I guess the flip side is if we get relegated he’ll never play for us anyway.

Selfishly I would bring him back as we need to freshen the team. He’s our player.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I think the ideal plan went out the window when we found ourselves deep in the relegation mix and all of our linked targets started to be hoovered up by other clubs.

So as risky as it is I think the club should take a gamble here as the alternative could be us out of the premier league and we won’t have to worry about when he is ready to play for us at all.

Given this appears to be one option that has not been completely written off by the club or journos yet says that could be the way the club are looking at the situation as well.

Potter needs options and if we can’t buy new ones we might be left calling some of our loans back to the club

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I really don't know how much credibility we should give this website, but if his father's comments are to be believed then we might have a problem in the summer:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/players-father-confirms-offer-brighton-says-work-permit-issue/

"Something interesting claimed by Carlos is that Mac Allister only has a work permit for the next six months, and it’s not guaranteed he’ll be in the same position at the start of next season.

“Today he does not have a community (EU) passport and we don’t know if the permit will be granted after June. Why? Because today, the FA gives it to him for having played most of the games of the last tournament, because he started semifinals of Copa Libertadores, because he was called up to the national team and because Brighton are willing to grant him a special contract that is required. We don’t know if all these conditions are going to happen in June. That’s the only issue that makes noise today.”"

I can't think that these conditions are going to change too much between now and the summer, but it is a concern.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I really don't know how much credibility we should give this website, but if his father's comments are to be believed then we might have a problem in the summer:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/players-father-confirms-offer-brighton-says-work-permit-issue/

"Something interesting claimed by Carlos is that Mac Allister only has a work permit for the next six months, and it’s not guaranteed he’ll be in the same position at the start of next season.

“Today he does not have a community (EU) passport and we don’t know if the permit will be granted after June. Why? Because today, the FA gives it to him for having played most of the games of the last tournament, because he started semifinals of Copa Libertadores, because he was called up to the national team and because Brighton are willing to grant him a special contract that is required. We don’t know if all these conditions are going to happen in June. That’s the only issue that makes noise today.”"

I can't think that these conditions are going to change too much between now and the summer, but it is a concern.

Even more reason to get him now

Dec 29, 2011

Sorry probably already covered but why can't he get a Scottish passport?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the ideal plan went out the window when we found ourselves deep in the relegation mix and all of our linked targets started to be hoovered up by other clubs.

So as risky as it is I think the club should take a gamble here as the alternative could be us out of the premier league and we won’t have to worry about when he is ready to play for us at all.

Given this appears to be one option that has not been completely written off by the club or journos yet says that could be the way the club are looking at the situation as well.

Potter needs options and if we can’t buy new ones we might be left calling some of our loans back to the club

Well, I really hope you're wrong!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So Mr Naylor says no firm decision yet, interesting.

"- No definite decision yet on Alex Mac Allister staying at Boca or coming to England after work permit secured"

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I'm sure Mac's dad is asking the club how much his Under 23 Argentinian poster boy will play if he jumps ship form Boca "68 times Argentina title winners" to BHA?

We have come a long ****ing way from Priestfield:mad:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I really don't believe Albion's big cheeses are undecided on what to do with Mac Allister right now.

If nothing else, surely someone has a coin they could toss to come up with a decision.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I really don't believe Albion's big cheeses are undecided on what to do with Mac Allister right now.

If nothing else, surely someone has a coin they could toss to come up with a decision.

One "would" like to think this is all dependent on signings or signing that is in negotiation currently that we know nothing about.

If that target falls through, we will drag Alexis kicking and screaming to the Amex, where he will sulk until the end of the season and then return to Argentina....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here