Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Okay, this club official... was he senior enough to know? Was he a BS artist trying to show what a billy big bollox he is? Is he a figment of your imagination? Do you have an anti-club leadership agenda?

Wow.

1. I know who it was and yes he is but won’t out him here as I know already this story may lead to him being sanctioned if as I suspect the club proactively read NSC.

2. No he wasn’t. He was speaking in hushed tones, but clearly as I an outsider was there he shouldn’t have said anything.

3. No he’s not.

4. I absolutely don’t have an anti-club leadership agenda. I think this is EXACTLY the model I would employ if I were trying to make us sustainable and competitive as a club without reliance on TBs money.

If you’re not one of the top six then you simply have to find any angle to generate revenue and drive growth. Other posters/fans have already shot me down for simply refusing to believe we would employ such a model to generate additional revenue/bottom line growth to reinvest in the squad to improve our Club’s position but I choose to think outside the box, see what may be required to get that extra ££££ to afford better players and drive growth.

For example who else would have seen the club be the key drivers behind the Ikea development? This is just another example of working any angle to generate income, in the case of Ikea, hopefully annuity income, that can be ploughed back into the club OR pay off TBs loan so we can be even more self sufficient.

I am 100% behind Bloom, PB et al in their business model, their recruitment methods and plans for the club.

I am so grateful that I’m alive to see us transition from a parochial provincial club into something of a force to be reckoned with but I’m also realistic to know it will take time, there will be bumps along the road and that we as supporters won’t agree with every decision.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow.

1. I know who it was and yes he is but won’t out him here as I know already this story may lead to him being sanctioned if as I suspect the club proactively read NSC.

2. No he wasn’t. He was speaking in hushed tones, but clearly as I an outsider was there he shouldn’t have said anything.

3. No he’s not.

4. I absolutely don’t have an anti-club leadership agenda. I think this is EXACTLY the model I would employ if I were trying to make us sustainable and competitive as a club without reliance on TBs money.

If you’re not one of the top six then you simply have to find any angle to generate revenue and drive growth. Other posters/fans have already shot me down for simply refusing to believe we would employ such a model to generate additional revenue/bottom line growth to reinvest in the squad to improve our Club’s position but I choose to think outside the box, see what may be required to get that extra ££££ to afford better players and drive growth.

For example who else would have seen the club be the key drivers behind the Ikea development? This is just another example of working any angle to generate income, in the case of Ikea, hopefully annuity income, that can be ploughed back into the club OR pay off TBs loan so we can be even more self sufficient.

I am 100% behind Bloom, PB et al in their business model, their recruitment methods and plans for the club.

I am so grateful that I’m alive to see us transition from a parochial provincial club into something of a force to be reckoned with but I’m also realistic to know it will take time, there will be bumps along the road and that we as supporters won’t agree with every decision.

Fair enough. Personally, I will wait and see whether this is the model we are following... it still looks like we got Percy in with a medium-term intention to get him over here playing for us to me, so I guess I am not convinced we see the 'flip player' tactic as one to follow, but I accept I might be wrong... just look at the reaction you are getting for even daring to say this might be what's going on... not good PR for our club, is it? So, is it really worth it? I think there are far, far better ways to generate significant revenue... a hospital under a hotel at the stadium site, for example!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think there are far, far better ways to generate significant revenue... a hospital under a hotel at the stadium site, for example!

Employ another player, loan them out (and only pay a fraction of their wages), sell them on

Build massive building and all the issues which come with it.

Tough one that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Employ another player, loan them out (and only pay a fraction of their wages), sell them on

Build massive building and all the issues which come with it.

Tough one that.

I was being cheeky, since we had our application turned down...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As I thought. They MUST get Mac to the UK to play now.

The Percy WP issue is still an embarrassment tho’...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Percy Tau is almost certainly worth quite a bit more than we paid for him. I expect him to be moved along to a team in Eurooe that he can play for at a substantial profit. Not what we’d like but it’s hardly embarrassing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Best analogy so far:

Lannisters (Tories)
White Walkers (Brexit Party)
Starks, Tagaryens etc (Remainers)
Wildlings (SNP)

Winter has come. Time for the remainers to get together to smash the White Walkers who look to destroy our country with brainless hate!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Best analogy so far:

Lannisters (Tories)
White Walkers (Brexit Party)
Starks, Tagaryens etc (Remainers)
Wildlings (SNP)

Winter has come. Time for the remainers to get together to smash the White Walkers who look to destroy our country with brainless hate!

Well done. Not only complete bollox and gibberish, but you also seem to have posted it on the wrong thread!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Well done. Not only complete bollox and gibberish, but you also seem to have posted it on the wrong thread!

Well it a good analogy, but it is amusing he's posted in completely the wrong thread. I wonder which character MacAllister is from GoT

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Somethings clearly not right here with all of this. Who's making all this money from us and where's it all going? Some of our recent transfer activity is starting to sound very dodgy to me.

I'd happily accept £8m for my services and can guarantee you I'd never play for the club either. At least you might see me in a replica shirt once in a while.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Percy Tau is almost certainly worth quite a bit more than we paid for him. I expect him to be moved along to a team in Eurooe that he can play for at a substantial profit. Not what we’d like but it’s hardly embarrassing.

IMHO it is bad recruitment policy... in fact, an embarrassment... check out the Argus comments under the Mac article... you seem to be in a minority TBH...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IMHO it is bad recruitment policy... in fact, an embarrassment... check out the Argus comments under the Mac article... you seem to be in a minority TBH...

I’m not happy about it but I can see the logic of buying and moving players on for a profit, even if they never play for us

Being in a minority is not something I am ashamed of, just don’t see how a policy that makes us money is embarrassing :shrug:

Frustrating that we may never see Percy in the stripes though

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Never ever read or pay any attention to the comments section of The Argus. That way leads to madness. It's full of people who's barking mad views make some of our more extreme posters on here seem sane and balanced.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Somethings clearly not right here with all of this. Who's making all this money from us and where's it all going? Some of our recent transfer activity is starting to sound very dodgy to me.

I'd happily accept £8m for my services and can guarantee you I'd never play for the club either. At least you might see me in a replica shirt once in a while.
Why is something not right ?

All he's had is a 6 month loan-back as part of the deal to buy him.

Now isn't the question just about whether he gets another 6 month loan, before or after January to aid his development ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here