Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
In all the discussion about whether we should be investing in players that may/may not play for us one day and may/may not make a profit when sold, it seems to me that a major barrier to recruitment has been player wages rather than transfer cost (and rightly so in my view)? If that is so, then it seems less likely that buying players like Tau and Mac Allister carries any significant opportunity cost.

Also I really REALLY want to see Tau play for us one day (haven't really watched Mac Allister yet). So I'm still happy that these punts were taken.

But maybe don't make a habit of it, eh Tony?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Looks like your average 4G pitch long range punt come scuff off the shite surface. Still I’m heartened that they consider him a starting XI player. Let’s see how he progresses.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Nice goal, some swerve on the ball but can’t help thinking that the goalie will be a bit disappointed with himself..

Looks like a classic case of the goalie got wrong footed and then gave up knowing he was beat from that moment.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Shame.Is the Argentine league ever televised?Or maybe on Hesgoal ? Also wondering about the Ghent games on tv to watch Percy .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shame.Is the Argentine league ever televised?Or maybe on Hesgoal ? Also wondering about the Ghent games on tv to watch Percy .

Percy has gone to Club Brugge.........

I will watch a game that has an Albion player in it if it happens to be on. Always interesting. FWIW I can see MacAllister and Tau being with us next season.......obvious longer term strategy by the club. But cheap, loan out, develop and bring back. If not good enough, sell on for a profit anyway.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Percy has gone to Club Brugge.........

I will watch a game that has an Albion player in it if it happens to be on. Always interesting. FWIW I can see MacAllister and Tau being with us next season.......obvious longer term strategy by the club. But cheap, loan out, develop and bring back. If not good enough, sell on for a profit anyway.

I hope you’re right.

It just seems the effort and money spent on these two could have been better utilised on players who can actually play for us......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Like it or not, our club is a business and players are just commodities to be traded. It's part of a long term thing, it'll pay dividends eventually

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
This lad is a Brighton player and is currently on the books of the biggest and most successful club in Argentina. He’s playing with Tevez and DiRossi. If he can hold his own, then it’s fabulous. If he should rip it up there - then we could have a £xxx million pound player on our hands. Let’s just repeat this again - the Albion have one of their own playing for Boca ****ing Juniors where Carlos Tevez is captain and Daniele Di Rossi is holding in midfield. Even more amazing when less than a decade ago we were playing at Withdean.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I hope you’re right.

It just seems the effort and money spent on these two could have been better utilised on players who can actually play for us......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were reported to have signed Tau for c£2.5m weren’t we ?......if he does anything half-decent at Brugge we’ll be showing a very decent profit even if we don’t think he’ll make it here and decide to sell him on. I also suspect we’re now getting more for him from Brugge than we’re paying him.........it’s both a football and business move. Very smart.

Everyone is going to have to accept we’re going to make a lot of signings that never actually make the first team

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Outside of the Albion, my favourite transfer of the summer was definitely Roma and Italy hero Daniele De Rossi joining Boca Juniors and I noticed our boy Mac started in midfield alongside him earlier today. They lost on penalties in the cup which was a bit of a giant killing shock but De Rossi did score from a Macallister corner.

It can only do him good playing with an absolute legend of a player and bloke, top, top professional.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVEHjy3ANv4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here