Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 236370717273747576 ... LastLast
    Year of the Tiger #WHC Ninja Elephant's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lower West Stander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m sorry, but you don’t just spend 10 million quid on someone who can’t play for you because he can’t get a work permit.

I’d much rather we spent that money on someone who is actually allowed to play in the team. The whole idea is to spend your budget on improving the team, not on someone who might play in a year’s time. We’d have been much better going through the lower leagues looking for hungry up and coming British players. May not work but at least they’d have the opportunity.

No idea what happens in a year’s time and neither does anyone else - which is why this is a cock up in my view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If I said to you that you could have a pound today, or two pounds next friday, which would you choose?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      The poor lad's going to find the Amex a bit tame after a year playing at La Bombonera.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      If I said to you that you could have a pound today, or two pounds next friday, which would you choose?
      It would depend, how much you need that pound today!
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      It seems very clear that certain posters would prefer to go back to playing in League 1, where things were much simpler and easier to understand.
      They'll get up to speed eventually. Unfortunately it will probably coincide with newly-hatched complaints that we aren't pushing for a top four slot.

In actual fact I recall when we were still playing at Gillingham we bought a player for very little in June and had already sold him on for £125K by August before he'd ever kicked a ball for us.

I expect my club to be run at the highest possible level of functioning: First team squad of internationals (OK, of Mali and Romania is fine by me for now); players bought for investment and loaned out to either make the grade later or be sold on for a profit; relationships with one or more feeder clubs; thriving academy; development of overseas presence (this will be the hardest to establish given that nobody south of Lizard Point (gedditt) knows who the **** we are).
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk
      A tad aggressive.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      It's amazing this still needs to be explained.

I haven't followed it closely over all the relevant threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is just being puked up by the same 2 or 3 posters who are just refusing to accept the reality of supporting one of the worlds riches clubs.
      Some people just genuinely don’t seem to understand the size and scale of the club now. They’d be much, much happier if we were still signing teenager players from the conference and loaning them out to Bognor.

Reading this forum you’d genuinely believe signing somebody for 60k, them playing 2 years in the Ryman league and then being released on a free if it doesn’t work out is better than signing someone for 7m, letting them play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for a year and then selling them for 10m if it doesn’t work out. It sounds stupid; but we never had people moan about this kind of thing when we signed non-league youngsters.

If you're past 25 and you're still doing gang
      You’re known as a artefact

Kwengface - Fire In The Booth
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      A lot of patronising BS being spouted on this thread....but don’t let it stop you.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      A lot of patronising BS being spouted on this thread....but don’t let it stop you.
      Perhaps if the same simple shite didn't need repeating over and over and over again it wouldn't have reached Patronising Level Boss mode.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Members

3 Not allowed!
      Perhaps if the same simple shite didn't need repeating over and over and over again it wouldn't have reached Patronising Level Boss mode.

...and lo, behold he appeared in all his glory.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      ...and lo, behold he appeared in all his glory.
      Just out of interest how many times have you asked:-

'why sign players who can't play for the Albion?'
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Technocrat

2 Not allowed!
      It's amazing this still needs to be explained.

I haven't followed it closely over all the relevant threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is just being puked up by the same 2 or 3 posters who are just refusing to accept the reality of supporting one of the worlds riches clubs.
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
      Some people just genuinely don’t seem to understand the size and scale of the club now. They’d be much, much happier if we were still signing teenager players from the conference and loaning them out to Bognor.

Reading this forum you’d genuinely believe signing somebody for 60k, them playing 2 years in the Ryman league and then being released on a free if it doesn’t work out is better than signing someone for 7m, letting them play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for a year and then selling them for 10m if it doesn’t work out. It sounds stupid; but we never had people moan about this kind of thing when we signed non-league youngsters.

IMHO that is delusions of grandeur talking. It's one thing Chelsea signing and farming young players around the world, they win a trophy more or less every year, but I also think what they do is morally wrong.

We've had two seasons in the Prem, our status at the moment is about as fragile as it gets. The second we get relegated all of that money and status disappears and we're back with the also-rans who nobody gives a sh1t about. We'll no longer be the XXth richest club in the world and Tony will be back to forking out £35m a year just to break even.

I'm not sure what's right and wrong here, but I see all this as trying to run before we can walk and the obvious pitfalls worry me a bit - questioning the club's policy doesn't make you a complete moron