Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Nothing to clarify.

Re Tau it’s nothing but a business transaction.

Re Mac Allister we probably took a view based on a legal opinion of passport qualification and expect somewhere a lawyer is sweating on his/her advice not holding good in fear of a potential suit/claim being lodged.
You're stating your opinion on the Tau situation as a fact.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
How do you know that? How do you imagine that is sold to the player?

I know because of what I overheard on a Gatwick Express train post Crystal Palace. I was sat in the front carriage and at Gatwick a party of six got on chaperoned by a club official (he was wearing a club tie and spoke of collecting his car from Camden at the Starlizard offices) with delegates from a Canadian NHL franchise, some other European football bigwigs (they were accented but not clearly definable so could have been Flemish, Belgian, possibly Eastern French (think Alsace etc)) and proceeded to have a very indiscreet conversation about the nature of the differences between both European football transfers v the NHL draft system and cited the transfer of Tau specifically as purely being a business transaction good for all parties....

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I know because of what I overheard on a Gatwick Express train post Crystal Palace. I was sat in the front carriage and at Gatwick a party of six got on chaperoned by a club official (he was wearing a club tie and spoke of collecting his car from Camden at the Starlizard offices) with delegates from a Canadian NHL franchise, some other European football bigwigs (they were accented but not clearly definable so could have been Flemish, Belgian, possibly Eastern French (think Alsace etc)) and proceeded to have a very indiscreet conversation about the nature of the differences between both European football transfers v the NHL draft system and cited the transfer of Tau specifically as purely being a business transaction good for all parties....

Wow. Well if that is true, wow. Football is great these days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are just making stuff up, aren’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have been paying absolutely no attention, whatsoever.

Wow.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
There are articles everywhere saying Hughton was happy with the squad in Jan and didn’t need further recruitment

Yes but in hindsight, that was what he was told to say.
And that’s why we won’t be increasing wage structure or investing heavily in the summer.
And that’s why Graham Potter has been told to bring through some of the youth team.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes but in hindsight, that was what he was told to say.
And that’s why we won’t be increasing wage structure or investing heavily in the summer.
And that’s why Graham Potter has been told to bring through some of the youth team.

Do you have one single FACT to back any of that up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

At last I know Ben’s Grandads other user name :wink:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Do you have one single FACT to back any of that up.

None whatsoever. No FACTS. Zilch

Just speculation

But if you’re a manager that has been told that there will be no investment in January - wait til the summer, then you’re hardly likely to come out and say that you think that the squad needs a lot of improvement.

Maybe CH saw the writing on the wall then.

Dan Ashworth being introduced and no transfers in whilst some of our rivals were improving their squads

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Just speculation

But if you’re a manager that has been told that there will be no investment in January - wait til the summer, then you’re hardly likely to come out and say that you think that the squad needs a lot of improvement.

Dan Ashworth being introduced and no transfers in whilst some of our rivals were improving their squads

Exactly .... completely rubbish.

Oh and Jan window had NOTHING to do with Ashworth as he wasn’t even working for the club

Stumpy Tim

Just speculation

We were seen as basically safe at that point. Meanwhile Hughton and Bloom have always said that they hate doing business in January. So in essence, neither saw any need to sign players during a month in which they both hate doing business. They were proved correct, as we stayed up - though it was obviously a little closer than they expected

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Just speculation

It was worse than that if CH agreed to that, as he was handicapping himself, because he was playing with a 24 man squad from January. If that was the strategy, to let the prem side run one short at the same time spend over £7 million + wages on the Argie/Jock, then he deserved to be sacked along with anyone else party to that policy

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Exactly .... completely rubbish.

Oh and Jan window had NOTHING to do with Ashworth as he wasn’t even working for the club

Whilst I don’t agree with the January theory, do you really believe he didn’t communicate with the club whilst he was serving his notice?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
It was worse than that if CH agreed to that, as he was handicapping himself, because he was playing with a 24 man squad from January. If that was the strategy, to let the prem side run one short at the same time spend over £7 million + wages on the Argie/Jock, then he deserved to be sacked along with anyone else party to that policy

Exactly. But most employees can’t dictate policy to their superiors. They have to agree with Company policy

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Whilst I don’t agree with the January theory, do you really believe he didn’t communicate with the club whilst he was serving his notice?

Whilst I don’t believe he had NO contact with the club, I do believe we would have had ZERO input in any January recruitment.

He said himself when he started in Feb he was going to spend his first few months with a watching brief to understand how the club works. So I don’t believe he would have been advising any transfer strategy before he had set a foot through the door.

I could see if we were interested in a player they would ask for his feedback or thoughts.... but nothing more than that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re Mac Allister we probably took a view based on a legal opinion of passport qualification and expect somewhere a lawyer is sweating on his/her advice not holding good in fear of a potential suit/claim being lodged.

From my dealings with lawyers, they won't be sweating on any such thing. Their initial advice would have come with a heavy dose of caveats, and would certainly not have been a guarantee that he will get a work permit.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There are articles everywhere saying Hughton was happy with the squad in Jan and didn’t need further recruitment

Articles yes. Relevant to this thread. No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here