Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Dec 29, 2011
220px-Cmacallister.jpg

His fully Argentinan Dad, Carlos, wouldn't look out of place running a Scottish hooligan firm.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What an absolute shambles if he doesn't get a passport. Literally money flushed down the toilet

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Unless he's sold to Boca for £10m

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’m pretty sure he is another, along with Tau that are investments.

Pick them up for a reasonable fee and then sell them on, thus funding the academy.

If it works, can’t fault it

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I thought this guy was a done deal and fine to play because his grand mother (or similar) was Scottish? I am sure there was an article all about his bizarre surname and how many other Argentinian names are derived from Scottish names indeed even the league being founded by one?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I think you'll find Dwayne has family who are season ticket holders at Argentino Jnrs and they think he was shitehouse and the Albion were mugged off.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Would be an absolute farce if we cannot get him to play for us. I doubt the club would spend nearly 7 million on a player they regard purely as an investment
Whoever is signing these foreign players needs to do their homework on work permits and stuff before we p1ss away even more money on people who'll never play for us

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Would be an absolute farce if we cannot get him to play for us. I doubt the club would spend nearly 7 million on a player they regard purely as an investment
Whoever is signing these foreign players needs to do their homework on work permits and stuff before we p1ss away even more money on people who'll never play for us

Have to agree. Does all seem very odd doesn't it?
Even on here people have questioned these kind of transfers very early re: work permits.
Shame because both he and Tau clearly have ability, but without a dramatic change in either the rules or their status we will very likely never see them play for the club.
If it's just investment, how much are we likely to get back if a) they never actually play in the Prem and b) we've forked out signing on fees, wages etc?!

Have to say, might be lost in translation but he hardly seems keen to join us!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought this guy was a done deal and fine to play because his grand mother (or similar) was Scottish? I am sure there was an article all about his bizarre surname and how many other Argentinian names are derived from Scottish names indeed even the league being founded by one?

He is of Irish and Scottish heritage but I don't think he it's as recent as having a Scottish Grandparent, and I don't think a grandparent would automatically entitle him to a UK passport anyway. He may be entitled to a passport from another EU nation and that could have been what we were banking on. This may be complicated by the fact he hasn't played for a club in an EU country like Ulloa did so doesn't automatically qualify through residency.

It does seem strange that we've signed Tau and Mac Allister and then hit work permit issues when only a few years ago we were so on the ball that we knew Ulloa wouldn't get one until he qualified for a passport so tracked him for an extra 18 months before he was signed. Unless others have said they are investments but spending about £9 million on two players as investments is a very risky strategy.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Have to agree. Does all seem very odd doesn't it?
Even on here people have questioned these kind of transfers very early re: work permits.
Shame because both he and Tau clearly have ability, but without a dramatic change in either the rules or their status we will very likely never see them play for the club.
If it's just investment, how much are we likely to get back if a) they never actually play in the Prem and b) we've forked out signing on fees, wages etc?!

Have to say, might be lost in translation but he hardly seems keen to join us!!

Certainly a big gamble given how much we spent on the likes of Mac Allister. Hate to sound all Brexity, but would much rather we looked at bringing British youngsters to the club now, particularly that we have a manager to develop them. Jack Clarke or Jamie Shackleton at Leeds for example. Ok if we mess up with a work permit once,but to be making a habit out of it is worrying. And yes I agree, he hardly seems ecstatic to come and play here. But I'm willing to wait and see, should he actually be able to come over, if he's got the necessary application. There's no doubting him and tau look good players, but surely there are more pressing issues in the squad than just making speculative punts on players who might not be able to play...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
South American teams would not pay those kind of fees. Premier league tax and all that.

No,2 simple economics.... If they know we are desperate to offload they will pay nowhere near what we paid for him.

Even if we loan him out, what really is the benefit to us if we can't ever play him?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here