Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You have the perfect opportunity to turn up to the Fans Forum, and tell Tony that he's running the club wrongly. You could even make the case to the audience that you could run the club better than he can. Be our guests.

(a) There is no proof (yet) that we are following a strategy of buy to flip...
(b) If we are, then I for one think it is not a strategy we should be following (at least as of now)... we need to focus our finite playing budget on players that can actually play for us to hep us stay where we need to stay, i.e. in the Prem...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll hazard a guess Jocko either came to the attention of Winstano, when he wasn't buying assets in South America.
Or he came to the attention of Jonah Hill in his dingy London office next to Tony's dingy London office:-

"Hey boss, there's a kiddie in Argentina who's metrics are off the chart".
"He's playing for a shitehouse team, but has connections to Boca".
"If you want him you need to act now".

"I dunno".

"He's an Argie called Alex McAllister".

"Hmmmmm"

"He's got a brother called Kevin"

"Sing him up".

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
(b) If we are, then I for one think it is not a strategy we should be following (at least as of now)... we need to focus our finite playing budget on players that can actually play for us to hep us stay where we need to stay, i.e. in the Prem...

You're neglecting the issue that I don't give a toss what you think.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You have the perfect opportunity to turn up to the Fans Forum, and tell Tony that he's running the club wrongly. You could even make the case to the audience that you could run the club better than he can. Be our guests.

Oh do f**k off.

Tell Tony, Tony's money,Tony can do what he wants - that's become the go to response for anyone who wants to shut down any kind of discussion about club policy.

All I'm doing is expressing some concern and you've responded by taking it to the absolute extreme - of course I'm not going to stand in front of Tony Bloom and tell him that I can run the club. In your opinion should anyone be allowed to think that this isn't the right thing to be concentration resources on, given our precarious finishing position last season and tough battle ahead next season?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It is of course possible that he will be sold to Boca at a profit without playing for us.

If he plays well enough for Boca to want to sign him, there is every chance that he’ll be:

1. Too expensive for them.

2. In the Argentina squad waving about a lovely & shinny new work permit.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In your opinion should anyone be allowed to think that this isn't the right thing to be concentration resources on, given our precarious finishing position last season and tough battle ahead next season?

Where's the proof that it is what the club are 'concentrating' the resources on this method?

I make it that we have purchased 9 'first team' squad members over the last 24 months for around £100m.

Seems weird that the £10m purchase of (by all accounts) a VERY good player, who is still only TWENTY, is skewing peoples view on that we have been focusing on youth.

Let's put aside the fact that the BIG money signings have hardly set the world alight. The club clearly focused on these players for a long time before signing them and they were all around 24 upwards. I can't see what else would have to be done to convince some that they are SOMEHOW managing to look at both immediate first teamers and future prospects at the same time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh do f**k off.

Tell Tony, Tony's money,Tony can do what he wants - that's become the go to response for anyone who wants to shut down any kind of discussion about club policy.

All I'm doing is expressing some concern and you've responded by taking it to the absolute extreme - of course I'm not going to stand in front of Tony Bloom and tell him that I can run the club. In your opinion should anyone be allowed to think that this isn't the right thing to be concentration resources on, given our precarious finishing position last season and tough battle ahead next season?

In terms of concentrating resources, Bloom has put £x00m into the club, and I've no idea how he's operating in terms of the club's finances in the PL (there is a mod that I will defer to in these matters). One thing that's consistent, is that he's taken the long view since taking over the club (stadium, training facility, ...) and this to my limited understanding might be the latest stage of this process.
I'll take your advice, and f**k off now :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where's the proof that it is what the club are 'concentrating' the resources on this method?

I make it that we have purchased 9 'first team' squad members over the last 24 months for around £100m.

Seems weird that the £10m purchase of (by all accounts) a VERY good player, who is still only TWENTY, is skewing peoples view on that we have been focusing on youth.

Let's put aside the fact that the BIG money signings have hardly set the world alight. The club clearly focused on these players for a long time before signing them and they were all around 24 upwards. I can't see what else would have to be done to convince some that they are SOMEHOW managing to look at both immediate first teamers and future prospects at the same time.
In all seriousness I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's as simple as:-

- club has a 1001 potential targets.
- club asks sellers how much?
- sellers come back with a price they think is too high.
- club thinks 'blimey we'd have paid much more'.
- Barber-out squeezes every last penny out of the sellers.
- club then thinks 'what shall we do with them now?'

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I get what you're saying, McAllister is undoubtedly a great prospect. It's the work permit situation that's the problem here, by all accounts neither McAllister or Tau are anywhere near being eligible to play for us. If it was just KM in isolation I could understand taking a gamble, but when you look at it together with the Tau signing it starts to look like a deliberate policy to sign players who are unlikely to ever play for us. If we were established higher up the table I could understand it a bit better, but with FFP there's a finite amount we can spend on wages and transfers. The 1st team is in desperate need of upgrades, it just feels to me like it's too early to divert that much FFP money away from the 1st team. I don't include Tudor Baluta in this as he looks like a great prospect who can actually play for us.

In terms of concentrating resources, Bloom has put £x00m into the club, and I've no idea how he's operating in terms of the club's finances in the PL (there is a mod that I will defer to in these matters). One thing that's consistent, is that he's taken the long view since taking over the club (stadium, training facility, ...) and this to my limited understanding might be the latest stage of this process.
I'll take your advice, and f**k off now :thumbsup:

I also get what you're saying, however I would point out that Bloom has made mistakes before - Burke and Hyppia went horribly wrong. The club needs to grow in small increments and I don't feel like were established enough to be playing these games with transfers. Obviously I might just be a transfer luddite and completely wrong, I'm happy to accept that's a possibility.

Thank you both for the sensible replies, it's nice to swap opinions!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I get what you're saying, McAllister is undoubtedly a great prospect. It's the work permit situation that's the problem here, by all accounts neither McAllister or Tau are anywhere near being eligible to play for us. If it was just KM in isolation I could understand taking a gamble, but when you look at it together with the Tau signing it starts to look like a deliberate policy to sign players who are unlikely to ever play for us. If we were established higher up the table I could understand it a bit better, but with FFP there's a finite amount we can spend on wages and transfers. The 1st team is in desperate need of upgrades, it just feels to me like it's too early to divert that much FFP money away from the 1st team. I don't include Tudor Baluta in this as he looks like a great prospect who can actually play for us.

I also get what you're saying, however I would point out that Bloom has made mistakes before - Burke and Hyppia went horribly wrong. The club needs to grow in small increments and I don't feel like were established enough to be playing these games with transfers. Obviously I might just be a transfer luddite and completely wrong, I'm happy to accept that's a possibility.

Thank you both for the sensible replies, it's nice to swap opinions!

Agree with this.

I love TB as much as the next Albion supporter he’s lifted the club to a place we could only dream of.

But he cannot be immune to criticism. I’m sure he’d be the first to admit he has made mistakes. To some on here he’s incapable of doing anything wrong and everything he does is part of some master plan.

I still don’t think he’d have agreed to this if he thought he’d be committing £10m to a player who can’t get a work permit.

He is human

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
IMHO that is delusions of grandeur talking. It's one thing Chelsea signing and farming young players around the world, they win a trophy more or less every year, but I also think what they do is morally wrong.

We've had two seasons in the Prem, our status at the moment is about as fragile as it gets. The second we get relegated all of that money and status disappears and we're back with the also-rans who nobody gives a sh1t about. We'll no longer be the XXth richest club in the world and Tony will be back to forking out £35m a year just to break even.

I'm not sure what's right and wrong here, but I see all this as trying to run before we can walk and the obvious pitfalls worry me a bit - questioning the club's policy doesn't make you a complete moron :shrug:

tony says, "chill, i got dis"

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
We need to buy players who will actually play for the club.

Do you seriously think that if we get relegated, McAllister will come and play for us in the Championship? Of course not, but hey, you say, we can sell him on at a profit.

Which defeats the whole object of the exercise. More money can be made by staying in the Premier League than making a profit on a player who may never play for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

holy shimozzle!!!

could we buy the players we wanted? who knows?
if this chap never plays for us but turns a profit it will enable us to acquire the players we desire in that window,
cold, hard cash; and possibly FFP,
how is this so difficult to grasp?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

tony has been on a losing streak for quite some time now, obviously he would welcome any and all advice

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

if we can't secure our targets, buy anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here