Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Winstanley's spilled red wine all over the carpet and Ashworth has got the salt, the soda water and the shake'n'vac out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Do we have to suffer this continuing "Breaking news brought to you by @eToro" shite?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So why has he signed then, to all the experts on here!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So is it confirmed that Boca do NOT have an *option to buy* at the end of the loan ?

???

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So why has he signed then, to all the experts on here!

Because he looks an incredible young talent, and we got him at a good price.

Boca are arguably the biggest club in world football outside of Europe. A good 12 months there and he could break in to the Argentina squad which would either help him get a work permit to come here or convince a club in Spain or Italy to offer us a deal that’s worth more than we’ve paid for him.

:shrug:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Boca fans seem mixed about this:

[tweet]1141378506720518144[/tweet]

Translated:
I believed in you, I trusted the change. Where are the investments?
Worse is going back to what we used to be, the banks, even if we always go for the ****, we don't fart a glass and the chickens will reach us in international achievements.
#YoTeBancoGribaudo

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Do we have to suffer this continuing "Breaking news brought to you by @eToro" shite?

Not exactly a hardship, is it.

Good deal for all involved, I would assume Boca will drop us a few quid for the loan, the player stays in a league and environment they know and he's got a year to sort out his work permit. A good deal well done, but does mean we need a central midfielder to come in.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Damn he was one I was hopeful of seeing get some game time for our first team. A promising talent who is young enough to not need a place in the 25 man squad

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Boca are arguably the biggest club in world football outside of Europe. A good 12 months there and he could break in to the Argentina squad which would either help him get a work permit to come here or convince a club in Spain or Italy to offer us a deal that’s worth more than we’ve paid for him.

So basically we are taking a punt on a young talented player with a view to get him on our books, so we can sell him at some point for a supposed profit?

And what is the difference to this and what Chelsea are doing buying up all the young talent with a view that they will never get to play in the first team...which a lot of people on here bitch about?

I want players to be bought to strengthen the squad and play for the team, not some commodity trading bollocks.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
His Jiri Skalak impersonation needs a bit of work:-

MacAllister.jpeg

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So basically we are taking a punt on a young talented player with a view to get him on our books, so we can sell him at some point for a supposed profit?

And what is the difference to this and what Chelsea are doing buying up all the young talent with a view that they will never get to play in the first team...which a lot of people on here bitch about?

I want players to be bought to strengthen the squad and play for the team, not some commodity trading bollocks.

F*ck me, struggle to see the point on here at times. Do you want me to go back and highlight the bit where I said this loan move had a very real possibility of helping him break in to the Argentina squad which in turn could help him play here?

For what it’s worth, I’d argue every player we’ve signed for the last 2 years (at least) is “a punt on a young talented player with a view to get him on our books, so we can sell him at some point for a supposed profit.”. We sign a Bissoima or a Bernardo for a low fee, get them on the books for a couple of years and hope they perform well enough to sell on for a profit when the big clubs start circling.

Signing any young player is a gamble; whether they’re from Argentina, Albania or Aldrington. This is just a bigger risk for a potentially bigger reward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's amazing this still needs to be explained.

I haven't followed it closely over all the relevant threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is just being puked up by the same 2 or 3 posters who are just refusing to accept the reality of supporting one of the worlds riches clubs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ok, disappointed that we wont be seeing Mac in the stripes for another season but..... We have just loaned out a player to Boca for a year, thats Boca Juniors, THE BOCA JUNIORS, not Aldershot, Bognor or even Wigan, WOW.

Fwiw, i think this is an excellent move for both player and club, Mac gets to play for his boyhood idols, gains experience of the pressures of playing at one of the worlds biggest clubs, hopefully plays in the South American version of the champions league, maybe even wins it, and possibly even gets picked for Argentina. All of which helps with work permits, passports etc. Then in a years time we get a player with far more experience of top level football than he currently has.

Lets not kid ourselves, if Mac Allister wasn't already ours and we were signing him straight from Boca, the excitement levels would be through the roof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here