Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Large

Look at the ginger beard, look at it. LOOK.

How can he possibly not be eligible for a People's Republic of Scotland passport?

Does he not have a striking resemblance to the Argie hero Messi ? Not sure if it's been mentioned before though as I cannot be bothered to read back through this thread ! ( well he does to me at any rate )

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Ok, disappointed that we wont be seeing Mac in the stripes for another season but..... We have just loaned out a player to Boca for a year, thats Boca Juniors, THE BOCA JUNIORS, not Aldershot, Bognor or even Wigan, WOW.

Fwiw, i think this is an excellent move for both player and club, Mac gets to play for his boyhood idols, gains experience of the pressures of playing at one of the worlds biggest clubs, hopefully plays in the South American version of the champions league, maybe even wins it, and possibly even gets picked for Argentina. All of which helps with work permits, passports etc. Then in a years time we get a player with far more experience of top level football than he currently has.

Lets not kid ourselves, if Mac Allister wasn't already ours and we were signing him straight from Boca, the excitement levels would be through the roof.
That's all great and dandy as long as we are still in the Premier and not relegated not sure he'd be quite so happy to play in the championship. Yes I know we can sell him for big bucks then but I want to see the good players we sign actually play for us not the club effectively becoming a large recruitment agency.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
That's all great and dandy as long as we are still in the Premier and not relegated not sure he'd be quite so happy to play in the championship. Yes I know we can sell him for big bucks then but I want to see the good players we sign actually play for us not the club effectively becoming a large recruitment agency.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

And thats all fine and dandy if he's actually eligible to play for us, which currently he is not.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Ok, disappointed that we wont be seeing Mac in the stripes for another season but..... We have just loaned out a player to Boca for a year, thats Boca Juniors, THE BOCA JUNIORS, not Aldershot, Bognor or even Wigan, WOW.

Fwiw, i think this is an excellent move for both player and club, Mac gets to play for his boyhood idols, gains experience of the pressures of playing at one of the worlds biggest clubs, hopefully plays in the South American version of the champions league, maybe even wins it, and possibly even gets picked for Argentina. All of which helps with work permits, passports etc. Then in a years time we get a player with far more experience of top level football than he currently has.

Lets not kid ourselves, if Mac Allister wasn't already ours and we were signing him straight from Boca, the excitement levels would be through the roof.

This

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Just one carveat, were still unlikely to be buying a player from Boca, despite them wanting one of ours.

Gotta wonder just how many more posters have to post simple common sense before the 'only by first team players' thickos finally pipe down

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Just one carveat, were still unlikely to be buying a player from Boca, despite them wanting one of ours.

Gotta wonder just how many more posters have to post simple common sense before the 'only by first team players' thickos finally pipe down

Maybe one day Stat, never say never.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We should already be looking at buying the Mac Allister and Baluta replacements - as they will both surely be off sooner than we would like and for massive fees.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It seems very clear that certain posters would prefer to go back to playing in League 1, where things were much simpler and easier to understand.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I’m sorry, but you don’t just spend 10 million quid on someone who can’t play for you because he can’t get a work permit.

I’d much rather we spent that money on someone who is actually allowed to play in the team. The whole idea is to spend your budget on improving the team, not on someone who might play in a year’s time. We’d have been much better going through the lower leagues looking for hungry up and coming British players. May not work but at least they’d have the opportunity.

No idea what happens in a year’s time and neither does anyone else - which is why this is a cock up in my view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I’d much rather we spent that money on someone who is actually allowed to play in the team. The whole idea is to spend your budget on improving the team, not on someone who might play in a year’s time. We’d have been much better going through the lower leagues looking for hungry up and coming British players. May not work but at least they’d have the opportunity.

The club has the long term to consider as well as the immediate. We are in the PREMIER LEAGUE. If we were buying the 'up and coming British players' from the lower leagues as you said....are you suggesting we would throw them into the first team in the premier league??

If the answer is no..... where do they go? u23? Out on loan? If that's the case, then that's exactly what we've done with Alexis. He was 19 when we bought him, not 28. This is very much a player for the future who is being loaned out to a BIG club.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The club has the long term to consider as well as the immediate. We are in the PREMIER LEAGUE. If we were buying the 'up and coming British players' from the lower leagues as you said....are you suggesting we would throw them into the first team in the premier league??

If the answer is no..... where do they go? u23? Out on loan? If that's the case, then that's exactly what we've done with Alexis. He was 19 when we bought him, not 28. This is very much a player for the future who is being loaned out to a BIG club.

A HUGE club.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I’m sorry, but you don’t just spend 10 million quid on someone who can’t play for you because he can’t get a work permit.

No idea what happens in a year’s time and neither does anyone else - which is why this is a cock up in my view.

Tony plays the long game

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

If I said to you that you could have a pound today, or two pounds next friday, which would you choose?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It seems very clear that certain posters would prefer to go back to playing in League 1, where things were much simpler and easier to understand.

They'll get up to speed eventually. Unfortunately it will probably coincide with newly-hatched complaints that we aren't pushing for a top four slot.

In actual fact I recall when we were still playing at Gillingham we bought a player for very little in June and had already sold him on for £125K by August before he'd ever kicked a ball for us.

I expect my club to be run at the highest possible level of functioning: First team squad of internationals (OK, of Mali and Romania is fine by me for now); players bought for investment and loaned out to either make the grade later or be sold on for a profit; relationships with one or more feeder clubs; thriving academy; development of overseas presence (this will be the hardest to establish given that nobody south of Lizard Point (gedditt???) knows who the **** we are).

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It's amazing this still needs to be explained.

I haven't followed it closely over all the relevant threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is just being puked up by the same 2 or 3 posters who are just refusing to accept the reality of supporting one of the worlds riches clubs.

Some people just genuinely don’t seem to understand the size and scale of the club now. They’d be much, much happier if we were still signing teenager players from the conference and loaning them out to Bognor.

Reading this forum you’d genuinely believe signing somebody for 60k, them playing 2 years in the Ryman league and then being released on a free if it doesn’t work out is better than signing someone for 7m, letting them play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for a year and then selling them for 10m if it doesn’t work out. It sounds stupid; but we never had people moan about this kind of thing when we signed non-league youngsters.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here