Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34350515253

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barham's tash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of interest why do your think the club official I overheard would lie to an owner from the NHL and otherwise unidentified European club officials?

Rules won’t change post Brexit to be more favourable. Have you not been paying any attention to Brexit generally? One of the cornerstones of the leave campaign is around migration and immigration, tightening the borders...

We’ve got European and non Europeans at work scared shitless about the prospect. Anyway.
    Okay, this club official... was he senior enough to know? Was he a BS artist trying to show what a billy big bollox he is? Is he a figment of your imagination? Do you have an anti-club leadership agenda?
    SockMonster Quote: “I agree with BW… I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      I'd go with 'Pointless'
      How do you know?
      SockMonster Quote: “I agree with BW… I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.”
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Has the guy actually shown ANY enthusiasm to come and play for the mighty Albion. If he has I’ve missed it
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Has the guy actually shown ANY enthusiasm to come and play for the mighty Albion. If he has I’ve missed it
      I know Percy did, but no so sure about this guy... that said, the fact he signed for us does show some amount of enthusiasm, Shirley!?
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B.W. View Post
      I know Percy did, but no so sure about this guy... that said, the fact he signed for us does show some amount of enthusiasm, Shirley!?
      Here are my bank account details enthusiasm.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

2 Not allowed!
      Okay, this club official... was he senior enough to know? Was he a BS artist trying to show what a billy big bollox he is? Is he a figment of your imagination? Do you have an anti-club leadership agenda?
      Wow.

1. I know who it was and yes he is but won’t out him here as I know already this story may lead to him being sanctioned if as I suspect the club proactively read NSC.

2. No he wasn’t. He was speaking in hushed tones, but clearly as I an outsider was there he shouldn’t have said anything.

3. No he’s not.

4. I absolutely don’t have an anti-club leadership agenda. I think this is EXACTLY the model I would employ if I were trying to make us sustainable and competitive as a club without reliance on TBs money.

If you’re not one of the top six then you simply have to find any angle to generate revenue and drive growth. Other posters/fans have already shot me down for simply refusing to believe we would employ such a model to generate additional revenue/bottom line growth to reinvest in the squad to improve our Club’s position but I choose to think outside the box, see what may be required to get that extra ££££ to afford better players and drive growth.

For example who else would have seen the club be the key drivers behind the Ikea development? This is just another example of working any angle to generate income, in the case of Ikea, hopefully annuity income, that can be ploughed back into the club OR pay off TBs loan so we can be even more self sufficient.

I am 100% behind Bloom, PB et al in their business model, their recruitment methods and plans for the club.

I am so grateful that I’m alive to see us transition from a parochial provincial club into something of a force to be reckoned with but I’m also realistic to know it will take time, there will be bumps along the road and that we as supporters won’t agree with every decision.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Here are my bank account details enthusiasm.
      LoL! :-)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barham's tash View Post
      Wow.

1. I know who it was and yes he is but won’t out him here as I know already this story may lead to him being sanctioned if as I suspect the club proactively read NSC.

2. No he wasn’t. He was speaking in hushed tones, but clearly as I an outsider was there he shouldn’t have said anything.

3. No he’s not.

4. I absolutely don’t have an anti-club leadership agenda. I think this is EXACTLY the model I would employ if I were trying to make us sustainable and competitive as a club without reliance on TBs money.

If you’re not one of the top six then you simply have to find any angle to generate revenue and drive growth. Other posters/fans have already shot me down for simply refusing to believe we would employ such a model to generate additional revenue/bottom line growth to reinvest in the squad to improve our Club’s position but I choose to think outside the box, see what may be required to get that extra ££££ to afford better players and drive growth.

For example who else would have seen the club be the key drivers behind the Ikea development? This is just another example of working any angle to generate income, in the case of Ikea, hopefully annuity income, that can be ploughed back into the club OR pay off TBs loan so we can be even more self sufficient.

I am 100% behind Bloom, PB et al in their business model, their recruitment methods and plans for the club.

I am so grateful that I’m alive to see us transition from a parochial provincial club into something of a force to be reckoned with but I’m also realistic to know it will take time, there will be bumps along the road and that we as supporters won’t agree with every decision.
      Fair enough. Personally, I will wait and see whether this is the model we are following... it still looks like we got Percy in with a medium-term intention to get him over here playing for us to me, so I guess I am not convinced we see the 'flip player' tactic as one to follow, but I accept I might be wrong... just look at the reaction you are getting for even daring to say this might be what's going on... not good PR for our club, is it? So, is it really worth it? I think there are far, far better ways to generate significant revenue... a hospital under a hotel at the stadium site, for example!

0 Not allowed!
      I think there are far, far better ways to generate significant revenue... a hospital under a hotel at the stadium site, for example!
      Employ another player, loan them out (and only pay a fraction of their wages), sell them on

Build massive building and all the issues which come with it.

Tough one that.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      Employ another player, loan them out (and only pay a fraction of their wages), sell them on

Build massive building and all the issues which come with it.

Tough one that.
      I was being cheeky, since we had our application turned down...