Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time to restart BISA or something similar?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Was there in the thick of it back in the day when we had stuff to protest and moan about, now just looking forward to the next 2 games against 2 of the biggest clubs ..... in the world ( as Clarkson would say)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's just a shame some of the fans refuse too.

"Good day today love"
"Yes thanks, although over lunch I did chip a little bit off my local legacy"
"Oh that's a shame, why would you do that?"
"Bottle tops and flasks aren't allowed into the ground"
"Oh..."

If any thread needs taking down of pomposity by [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]'s ARS it's this guff.

I don't agree with [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] on this occasion but your responses (I see there are several now) are needlessly harsh. I don't see the need for the character assasination. Bloke just floated a notion and seems quite happy for people like me to say 'no thanks' :shrug:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If the Club was not open to communicating with us fans and there appeared to be some serious issues going on at the Club, then I would be all up for this.

However, we are not at that stage and all the while we have a FAN as the Chairman and have numerous stages for us as fans to voice our opinions collectively (at fan meetings) or individually (email, twitter, facebook etc) then I can't see the need to set up a fans group.

When you think about what some fans aren't happy with (bottle tops and Flasks and the sound of a Club email), then you think about what the fans of a Club like Bolton are going through, have a look at the bigger picture, we are in a very good place both on the pitch and off of it.

I'm sure that when the next meeting is held, these salient points about Communication and bottle tops etc will be discussed in full. Have to remember we have this forum (thanks Bozza) where as a group we have a voice already. Think about issues in the past which have been aired on here and has been brought to the attention of the Club, we've had responses to those issues.

So thanks Attila for what you did in the past, I was there at times on the marches as well but we have no need for a collective voice in my opinion at this time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The communication seems great ..but it seems to be all one way and yeah facilities are top notch ..football great ..but then personally i’m paying more than I ever have done for those benefits, as i’m sure most others are

It's all one way? You understand how much Tony Bloom has invested in the club, and got us to where we are, right?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To those that complain about being treated like customers, your all acting like customers everytime you click send and your pointless email finds it way to Barber’s inbox. Go to football go home and forget about it until the next game snowflakes.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I don't agree with [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] on this occasion but your responses (I see there are several now) are needlessly harsh. I don't see the need for the character assasination. Bloke just floated a notion and seems quite happy for people like me to say 'no thanks' :shrug:

No worries this end. I have a very thick skin, and most people take my post in the spirit in which it meant. There are some who just want to have a go, and would do so if I posted about how brilliant the new Laibach album is, or something :)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don’t doubt that if I emailed the club I’d get a detailed response and I don’t think that club supporter relations are that bad. The whole point of collectivism, either in the work place or in this case by those who share a common interest, is that the voice of a representative body carries more weight than that of any individual.

So for example, at the moment, there are a significant number, (not sure if it’s a majority or minority) who are concerned at the tone of club communications (I recognise that many also aren’t). If I and a handful of others were to email to club stating this, we’d get a reason why, but there’s very little chance of this changing. If there were a representative body which accounted for a significant cross section of the clubs support, then it would be far harder for the club to ignore. In this example then, the club could having scheduled meetings with a rep who would have been mandated to bring up particular agenda points and can then report back.

This is surely good for the club. They can say they have regular discussions with supporter groups. Most importantly it’s going to reduce the burden of sending god knows how many individual emails, which will almost certainly be read by just one person.

There’s no implication of a supporters group that it has to have an adversarial relationship with the club. I can’t understand why anyone would feel threatened by this

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes I feel it is at times ..as for the rest of your post do me a favour

But your post makes no sense. How can it be 'all one way' when the club was subsidising huge losses but still making sure we were competitive. That sounds one way but in the wrong direction

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To those that complain about being treated like customers, your all acting like customers everytime you click send and your pointless email finds it way to Barber’s inbox. Go to football go home and forget about it until the next game snowflakes.

Personally my ideal match day experience at the Amex would be exactly the same as it was at Withdean: leave the pub 20 mins before kick-off, give an entire swerve to the pre-match BS, have a piss at half time and be back in the pub 20 mins after the final whistle. It was stuff of dreams! Well, apart from the Withdean micro-climate obviously

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You might have a point other than the fact we've had this before and I'm sure we'll have this again.
Last time it was Harty (shouldn't be too far behind now) this time it's Attila.

It's the same redundant pathetic grizzling weighed down with a heavy dose of self-aggrandizing, "us old gits" might even be an exact quote from Harty.

They'll never get the message that actually we're pretty happy with a fan owner and astute CEO, because they are giving the impression of people scared of being forgotten.
When in fact the only reason why that can happen is by themselves peeing all over their own fantastic legacy by wanting to relive the 'good old days'.

If "all I want to do is have a pint and watch football" were actually true absolutely nothing that's happened recently has affected Atilla, if anything he's currently in the best shape ever as an Albion fan, yet here we still are.

Why is that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No worries this end. I have a very thick skin, and most people take my post in the spirit in which it meant. There are some who just want to have a go, and would do so if I posted about how brilliant the new Laibach album is, or something :)

I certainly don't want to 'have a go', assuming that's in reference to me (&THPP) I just have a different opinion as to the motives of your post, it's a shame you see it that way.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
It is now a very different club to the old days and in a changed world. You have to embrace modern restrictions & regulations (whether you like it or not) & modern communication streams. I think some need to focus on important issues & be grateful for what they have.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think that we have a CEO who will personally respond (at length) to every e-mail he receives from individual fans.
A chairman who sits and shares a can of Stella with random fans, on the train back from away matches.
Club representatives made available not just for the one annual forum you mention, but also disparate supporters' groups (Seagulls over London, Seagulls over Burwash ffs!).

If anything 'access' to 'the club' for each individual fan, is greater now than it has ever been.

This pretty much sums it up for me too.

Barber is incredibly accessible by email - and in person - he's been to more than one fans forum that I've been to (not in Brighton) - indeed he's even taken the trouble to answer a question I had when I accosted him at a motorway service station on the way back from an away game.

My only (very small gripe) is the tone of a couple of emails that have been sent out - rather headmaster like.

Some of them are actually rather short - makes we wonder if Barber writes them!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely if a new BISA is set up then Mouldy Boots is the man to lead it??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here