Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Be a good idea but think we're too big for anyone to listen.

We have a guy top level who is mainly interesting in profit margins . The voice of the fan wouldn't be heard as isn't a fan themselves.

Have to be careful what say but he wouldn't listen .

• North Stand Chat

advertising

9 Not allowed!
      It's a great thought, but football has changed. Brighton & Hove Albion has changed.

Fans are no longer relevant and no longer have any influence over how top football club's are run.

Sad, but true. I've made peace with it, and now enjoying football for different reasons than what I did 10 years ago.
      Members

11 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Be a good idea but think we're too big for anyone to listen.

We have a guy top level who is mainly interesting in profit margins . The voice of the fan wouldn't be heard as isn't a fan themselves.

Have to be careful what say but he wouldn't listen .
      You do realise the top level guy receives his direction from the board & chairman? He isn't just on some made rampage off his own back. He is just doing what Tony Bloom wants him. The blinkered good Bloom / bad Barber views on here are incredible.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      It's a great thought, but football has changed. Brighton & Hove Albion has changed.

Fans are no longer relevant and no longer have any influence over how top football club's are run.

Sad, but true. I've made peace with it, and now enjoying football for different reasons than what I did 10 years ago.
      This 100% !!
      To die by your side, is such a heavenly way to die...

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      You do realise the top level guy receives his direction from the board & chairman? He isn't just on some made rampage off his own back. He is just doing what Tony Bloom wants him. The blinkered good Bloom / bad Barber views on here are incredible.
      Indeed Barber is employed to do a job. If the Chair and Board weren't happy with how he was doing his job he'd get the elbow.

1 Not allowed!
      Football is now a part of consumerism, the customer counts but only in terms of a strong P & L, the days of worrying about gates and fans went when a TV audience the other side of the World matters more and brings in a large part of the £4bn from TV.
      Members

16 Not allowed!
      I’m not sure if we need it
      Yet.....

But

A message from a mate of mine who I was talking to about the tone of the latest announcements (he was in training)

“the last few years I was at xx we worked hard on helping people to write seriously without becoming officious. The common pushback was that people felt they had to be professional. But when you did a bit of digging you could virtually always replace professional with formal. And when you get very formal you get officious - which really winds people up the wrong way. The Uber formal language used in these announcements (we are reminding supporters, prohibited, ignore stadium rules, liable to ejection, last warnings, etc, etc) has succeeded superbly in creating an us and you stand off. All they had to do was start the statement with ‘we know this is going to be a nuisance, sorry. But we think we have to do this because...’

My view is the club needs to be aware that 99% of supporters wouldn’t dream of behaving poorly, but personalised emails from the club insinuates that we’re all at it. The tone and language needs to be addressed.

2 Not allowed!
      Certainly not flask or bottle top driven, no agenda at all, and I am very much aware of the demographic on here....the discussion goes on face to face at games as well.
      I am just sounding opinion a bit. Whatever happens, if anything does, I shall just be watching lovely football and drinking my Harveys (hopefully simultaneously sometime soon)
      I won't be involved at all, my campaigning and meetings days are over.
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      I think you're right about the benefits of a supporters group that has regular communication and meetings with the club.

There isn't much wrong with the content of what comes out of the club but the tone of communication at the moment is all wrong.

Face to face meetings with the supporters reps feeding back on here and the various other social media would be a significant help.

Without taking sides here but don’t Tony Bloom and Paul Barber regularly attend fans forums to explain and answer questions regarding the club and their role with supporters?
      Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Completely agree, Barber is one of the most sought after people in football, he's done a great job and has the full backing of The Board and, I'd imagine, is fully executing the Business Plan that has been built, debated and signed off by the Board.