Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 259
  1. #31
    The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chandlers Ford
    Posts
    53,080


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Couldn't Be Hyypia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In which case why do we have (the award winning) Albion in the Community? Surely "they" would just sack that off?

    I think part of the issue for the club is that it is a bigger entity than it has ever been (more fans each week, more money flowing through the system, more risk) but in an environment where everything is scrutinised and dissected on social media.

    I suspect this scrutiny and almost constant criticism from one party or another of every response/non-response, email, decision/non-decision, reply/lack of reply, wave to the crowd or "storm down the tunnel" almost inevitably leads to more considered and potentially characterless, vanilla communications. The club become more aware of causing offence and in doing so iron out an personality. This is inevitably interpreted as "corporate" or "consumerist" or "losing touch" when in fact it's a fear of causing offence.

    You get the club you deserve I suspect - if more people recognised how incredibly hard the club work to engage with us as fans rather than look to make mountains out of molehills in many cases, you might find an organisation more prepared to show its true personality.
    Great post.
    The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      47,873


      5 Not allowed!
      Oh god, we should have seen this bollox coming over the last couple of days.

      The very epitome of self-entitled, look at me, my voice is still important (honest).
      I guess this time it's Attila's turn to live in the past, last time it was Harty, which one next?

      Thankfully @hans kraay fan club has already very eloquently written why this is shit.


      You want it you set it up, be honest if anyone else does they won't be able to breath with you old gits telling them how, just leave the rest of us out of it.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #33

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sorry, you misunderstand me, I think the club (The Board) are doing an excellent job BUT the days or worrying about some of the issues that people raise are gone because, as you say, they are a larger entity and surrounding by rules and regulations from The FA, EPL, Sky, Govt, H&S etc etc, Flasks, I'd hazard a guess, is a classic example of this.
      Ah. Got it.
    • #34
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      TN 21
      Posts
      14


      1 Not allowed!
      All fans young and old should be thankful to those involved in BISA however, the Club has moved on. I am confident that TB and PB have the best interests of the Club at heart even if the tone of some communications is a bit unfortunate!
      I have emailed PB a number of times over resent seasons and he has always replied very quickly and at length.
      I may not agree with his stance on issues (safe standing for example) but, how many Premiership CEOs would reply at all?
      Perhaps those with concerns should email Paul or Jenny Gower then (with their agreement) publish their responses here.
      UTA
    • #35
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      54,790


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Oh god, we should have seen this bollox coming over the last couple of days.

      The very epitome of self-entitled, look at me, my voice is still important (honest).
      I guess this time it's Attila's turn to live in the past, last time it was Harty, which one next?

      Thankfully @hans kraay fan club has already very eloquently written why this is shit.


      You want it you set it up, be honest if anyone else does they won't be able to breath with you old gits telling them how, just leave the rest of us out of it.
      Well said sir
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
    • #36
      Members Kalimantan Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Central Borneo / the Lizard
      Posts
      8,381


      0 Not allowed!
      I think its a great idea. I imagine it will have to be 'old gits' (your words!) setting it up though, but trying to bring the younger ones along


      Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's not a bad idea by I'm not really sure what it's going to achieve. I can't see how any organisation like this would have any kind of power these days.
      It doesn't need to have power though, just be a voice of the fans. They have to decide whether to take heed of it or not, and one hopes that they would. The Fans Forums have some good points but often lost in a melee of dross questions

      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's a great thought, but football has changed. Brighton & Hove Albion has changed.

      Fans are no longer relevant and no longer have any influence over how top football club's are run.

      Sad, but true. I've made peace with it, and now enjoying football for different reasons than what I did 10 years ago.
      Every business, however big, needs to know how its 'customers' feel about it. We are relevant, its up to us how we organise.
    • #37
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      22,826


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Me and my Monkey View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think I’m getting a bit bored with all the incessant moaning about frankly trivial matters and imagined slights.
      Me too.

      Life is good at the albion now.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Hemed, Towell ( 1 further year option ).
    • #38
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      47,873


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Rocker View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      however, the Club has moved on.
      It's just a shame some of the fans refuse too.

      "Good day today love"
      "Yes thanks, although over lunch I did chip a little bit off my local legacy"
      "Oh that's a shame, why would you do that?"
      "Bottle tops and flasks aren't allowed into the ground"
      "Oh..."



      If any thread needs taking down of pomposity by @Ernest's ARS it's this guff.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #39
      Whalewhine Taybha's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Uwantsumorwat
      Posts
      21,249


      2 Not allowed!
      Bloody sad if football supporters of any club have got to a point where they think they are inconsequential, nothing has ever changed if nobody did nothing, we wouldn’t be where we are if that were the case , no organisation no matter how big should conduct itself as if it were untouchable or unaccountable, I actually think we have a pretty open and on the whole good relationship with the goings on at our club but it wouldn’t hurt to have more of a fan based input on some things that happen beyond our control, the Ifollow continuing saga being one of those things so conveniently swept under the corporate carpet, would a BISA type group have any effect on this ? I don’t know but to those that think the fans don’t matter anymore I respect your opinion but sincerely hope you’re wrong .

      It’s a new world and as John said a fresh band of brothers and sisters would be needed to set this up , I couldn’t march to the corner shop now let alone hold up a something out banner .
      RIP MUM XX
    • #40
      Grey bearded old man Cadiz Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Between Bexhill and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain
      Posts
      5,447


      2 Not allowed!
      I'm not so sure I agree with this idea.

      BISA did a great job back in the day when there were huge issues with the club and virtually no communication between them and the supporters.

      These days, while I agree that the tone of communications could be a bit less formal or even high-handed, I think a BISA Mk 2 might result in a lot of relatively low grade communications.

      Not that fans concerns with issues over flasks or bottle tops or banning orders aren't important, they certainly are. But now that we have a Chairman and a CEO that we don't need to fight with as we did back when we were crap, and if anyone felt strongly enough about bottle tops to email PB I'm sure he would reply, albeit at length!

      Although the club probably wouldn't admit it we should be under no illusion that they don't monitor patforms like NSC fairly closely; they would be mad if they didn't.

      Ask The Club was a great idea but it did descend a bit into why don't we sign this player I saw playing in the park although it did - largely - serve a purpose. But I'm sure it was pretty time consuming for Paul Camillin to administer which is probably why it was discontinued. Actually, it wasn't discontinued, some people may be surprised to learn it is still going (the last post was yesterday) although it is much less visible these days.

      All in all I'm quite sure the powers that be are aware of the concerns that have been posted on here, especially the tone of some communications, and it wouldn't surpise me at all if there was a Barber epistle on it's way in the near future.
      If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •