Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 259
  1. #21
    Members Tim Over Whelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arundel
    Posts
    6,863


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Certainly not flask or bottle top driven, no agenda at all, and I am very much aware of the demographic on here....the discussion goes on face to face at games as well.
    I am just sounding opinion a bit. Whatever happens, if anything does, I shall just be watching lovely football and drinking my Harveys (hopefully simultaneously sometime soon)
    I won't be involved at all, my campaigning and meetings days are over.
    If you read some of the comments on here you'd think that they sit in an Ivory Tower and ask themselves "how can we p1ss people off today", they don't.

    PB has a responsibility to The Board and Shareholders to protect the share price, it's that simple and forms a part of UK Company Law

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      54,776


      3 Not allowed!
      Reckon if NSC / Ask The Club link were to be reinstated, and a non-NSC equivalent made available (maybe on the club's official site) with the Q&A made available to all parties, then that would just about cover all bases. No need for another fan.org. IMHO like.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
    • #23

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Be a good idea but think we're too big for anyone to listen.

      We have a guy top level who is mainly interesting in profit margins . The voice of the fan wouldn't be heard as isn't a fan themselves.

      Have to be careful what say but he wouldn't listen .
      Just for clarity, which football club do you support?
    • #24
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      a galaxy far far away
      Posts
      638


      1 Not allowed!
      I think having collective representation as a group of fans is an excellent idea.

      The current grievances are 1000 times less serious that they were during the time of BISA, but that isn’t to say there aren’t any and that the club/Paul Barber couldn’t benefit from a bit of feedback from time to time. Every relationship needs to be worked on!

      There wouldn’t have to be representation on the board or anything, maybe just an hour long meeting every couple of months between a rep and a club official to make sure the relationship continues to stay healthy.

      I think it’s important that it wouldn’t be, or be seen to be, a north stand chat based group
    • #25
      Members Tim Over Whelmed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Arundel
      Posts
      6,863


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think having collective representation as a group of fans is an excellent idea.

      The current grievances are 1000 times less serious that they were during the time of BISA, but that isn’t to say there aren’t any and that the club/Paul Barber couldn’t benefit from a bit of feedback from time to time. Every relationship needs to be worked on!

      There wouldn’t have to be representation on the board or anything, maybe just an hour long meeting every couple of months between a rep and a club official to make sure the relationship continues to stay healthy.

      I think it’s important that it wouldn’t be, or be seen to be, a north stand chat based group
      Out of interest have you ever written to PB? I have on four occasions over a few years and each time I've had a detailed and considered response, I do think he welcomes feedback and has acted on such feedback.
    • #26

      12 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Football is now a part of consumerism, the customer counts but only in terms of a strong P & L, the days of worrying about gates and fans went when a TV audience the other side of the World matters more and brings in a large part of the £4bn from TV.
      In which case why do we have (the award winning) Albion in the Community? Surely "they" would just sack that off?

      I think part of the issue for the club is that it is a bigger entity than it has ever been (more fans each week, more money flowing through the system, more risk) but in an environment where everything is scrutinised and dissected on social media.

      I suspect this scrutiny and almost constant criticism from one party or another of every response/non-response, email, decision/non-decision, reply/lack of reply, wave to the crowd or "storm down the tunnel" almost inevitably leads to more considered and potentially characterless, vanilla communications. The club become more aware of causing offence and in doing so iron out an personality. This is inevitably interpreted as "corporate" or "consumerist" or "losing touch" when in fact it's a fear of causing offence.

      You get the club you deserve I suspect - if more people recognised how incredibly hard the club work to engage with us as fans rather than look to make mountains out of molehills in many cases, you might find an organisation more prepared to show its true personality.
    • #27
      Members Tim Over Whelmed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Arundel
      Posts
      6,863


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Couldn't Be Hyypia View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In which case why do we have (the award winning) Albion in the Community? Surely "they" would just sack that off?

      I think part of the issue for the club is that it is a bigger entity than it has ever been (more fans each week, more money flowing through the system, more risk) but in an environment where everything is scrutinised and dissected on social media.

      I suspect this scrutiny and almost constant criticism from one party or another of every response/non-response, email, decision/non-decision, reply/lack of reply, wave to the crowd or "storm down the tunnel" almost inevitably leads to more considered and potentially characterless, vanilla communications. The club become more aware of causing offence and in doing so iron out an personality. This is inevitably interpreted as "corporate" or "consumerist" or "losing touch" when in fact it's a fear of causing offence.

      You get the club you deserve I suspect - if more people recognised how incredibly hard the club work to engage with us as fans rather than look to make mountains out of molehills in many cases, you might find an organisation more prepared to show its true personality.
      Sorry, you misunderstand me, I think the club (The Board) are doing an excellent job BUT the days or worrying about some of the issues that people raise are gone because, as you say, they are a larger entity and surrounding by rules and regulations from The FA, EPL, Sky, Govt, H&S etc etc, Flasks, I'd hazard a guess, is a classic example of this.
    • #28
      1997 Club attila's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      South Central Southwick
      Posts
      1,912


      5 Not allowed!
      Barber is incredibly dedicated in his response to individual fans - despite the extra work involved in addressing supporters' issues individually rather than as some kind of collective identity. I have had loads of discussions with him But I have given that up now and more or less resigned myself to what is, which is mostly wonderful and what we fought for. This thread is, I guess, the last throw of the dice as a campaigner for me, a kind of final opinion-sounding amongst my peers...
    • #29

      1 Not allowed!
      I'm for it in principle, but am struggling to be outraged by any of the supposed tone-of-voice, health and safety, officiousness transgressions etc.

      I also think the Customer / Fan dichotomy is utter bollocks.

      But yeah a collective fanvoice is a good thing.
      100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
      100% Honey Badgerista
    • #30

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Without taking sides here but don’t Tony Bloom and Paul Barber regularly attend fans forums to explain and answer questions regarding the club and their role with supporters?
      They do. Such forums are limited in value though.

      Regular meetings with an established group would enable far more meaningful discussion of things affecting supporters and also provide a structured mechanism for the club to test the water with fans BEFORE taking their actions and communicating more widely.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •