Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker.

But when I got home, all the signs were there.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That's no example for a Father to set his Son. May I suggest you look for a more appropriate and morally sound Father figure, I'd also suggest you consider counselling and look to compensate yourself in some way for this appalling start in life.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
That's no example for a Father to set his Son. May I suggest you look for a more appropriate and morally sound Father figure, I'd also suggest you consider counselling and look to compensate yourself in some way for this appalling start in life.

Yes. You are, in effect at a crossroads in your life.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker.

He's obviously on the road to ruin.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Have I looged on to the old NSC by accident? It's like 2001 here ;-)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes. You are, in effect at a crossroads in your life.

I'm finding it hard to discover the right path, my life appears to have settled in the slow lane and I seek the road to enlightenment

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Something about this story doesn’t ring true. What prompted the OP’s suspicions about the tendency of his father to steal from his job in the entire period before the day he got home and found all the signs? It’s not as though he says that the number of signs increased on a daily basis. No, “I got home and all the signs were there” can only mean that the day before there were no signs at all. So, again, what first raised his suspicions?

I’m calling fake news.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In my experience most theft of road signs, traffic comes etc is due to drunk undergraduates.

Are any members of your household students? If so perhaps consider if they may be responsible before apportionment guilt to your father.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Something about this story doesn’t ring true. What prompted the OP’s suspicions about the tendency of his father to steal from his job in the entire period before the day he got home and found all the signs? It’s not as though he says that the number of signs increased on a daily basis. No, “I got home and all the signs were there” can only mean that the day before there were no signs at all. So, again, what first raised his suspicions?

I’m calling fake news.

One of the signs was printed out to look like a newspaper, I don't know what was going on, I guess it's just a sign of The Times

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are you certain he's your dad?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Why would he steal all the signs? Most signs have the company's initials spray-painted all over the back of them, so they wouldn't be easy to sell on.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Probably doing trafficking on the side.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here