Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fan issued with five game ban after social media post

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No, not at all. Was making the point that posts on nsc have been followed up previously. Was not meant to infer any knowledge at all of the person that was banned. Just making the point that such risks of posting on nsc aren't at all new.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gotcha. And yep, NSC is read by the club...

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Blimey! I'm in the minority here. I don't see anything wrong with that rule applied to ticket purchasers. The club is simply ensuring people who attend matches behave themselves. The nature of the wording is all very "legal" and encompasses everything they want to. If you buy a ticket to attend a theatrical show and start mouthing off in the bar, or during the show, security will cart you out before you can say "cheap seats".

If a chap down the pub starts mouthing off at the patrons, the landlord has a right to evict and ban. Is that any different from a football club wanting it's patrons to enjoy themselves?

The fact that this order/rule includes "social media" shows a progressive side of the club which doesn't leave it in the 1970's.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Sounds unbelievably over the top.

Some of you guys have taken the p#$$ out of my rants in the past.

But make NO mistake you are all just puppets and the puppet master has you doing their jig.

You can put up with in until it effects you or, protest or vote with your feet.

What was said? you must know if you think it is unbelievably over the top!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The club introduced the besmirching clause and specified specifically “conduct on social media” a while ago.

https://www.seagullstickets.com/scr...ocuments/html/tandc.html#membershiptandcs1718

2fbf66defa18f11147e5c83f7c4dc8f3.jpg
Crikey, half of NSC could be banned for not protecting and enhancing the good name of the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never understood the appeal of Twitter. Life would be so much better without it - & most other social media platforms tbh.

I don't understand those of you that are anti twitter.

Twitter is a fantastic tool for whatever you want it to be.
The only gripe I have with it is it's very very bubble forming.

If you're bubble happens to be right-wing fascist propaganda there must come a time when you assume everybody thinks the same as you.

Much the same can be said if your bubble is Albion related, woolly liberal, cycling infrastructure, NFL, stone clearing, dumb drunk people proving why women live longer, you begin to believe everybody is a bit of a jobbie but harmless enough.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

If you're bubble happens to be right-wing fascist propaganda there must come a time when you assume everybody thinks the same as you.

Much the same can be said if your bubble is Albion related, woolly liberal, cycling infrastructure, NFL, stone clearing, dumb drunk people proving why women live longer, you begin to believe everybody is a bit of a jobbie but harmless enough.

Lol, but I agree with you. It's easy to mute people you don't want to read, like Piers Morgan, etc so it can reinforce your own beliefs, but there is also a lot of good there, as with any media.
Dan Walker arranging a flypast for the old Sheffield bloke who visits a war memorial every single day, because the plane crashed trying to save the lives of the kids playing in the park. The old Sheffield bloke, Tony, was one of those kids.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
It may well do, but does it actually effect you, anyone you are related too or anyone you know?

The club have put a safeguard in place to stop f**kwittery in it's name, what's the problem?

No it doesn't, and I guess it's how they apply the clause that is the important part. Still seems a bit ridiculous though.

D

Deleted member 2719

What was said? you must know if you think it is unbelievably over the top!

Not seen anything about the police involved so it appears there is no crime been committed, only in the eyes of the puppet master.

Last edited by a moderator:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Blimey! I'm in the minority here. I don't see anything wrong with that rule applied to ticket purchasers. The club is simply ensuring people who attend matches behave themselves. The nature of the wording is all very "legal" and encompasses everything they want to. If you buy a ticket to attend a theatrical show and start mouthing off in the bar, or during the show, security will cart you out before you can say "cheap seats".

If a chap down the pub starts mouthing off at the patrons, the landlord has a right to evict and ban. Is that any different from a football club wanting it's patrons to enjoy themselves?

The fact that this order/rule includes "social media" shows a progressive side of the club which doesn't leave it in the 1970's.
Do people get banned from pubs for their views expressed on social media? Do theatres ban people for their behaviour when driving or shopping?

Action for incidents happening at the venue (pub, stadium, theatre) is understandable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just seems very big brother.

I must do everything within my power to protect and enhance the good name of the club in any way or through any means at all times!? **** off! That is absolute nonsense. Reads like something out of a cult.

Someone soon will have the balls to see the club in court. Because a clause is in a contract does not mean it is legally enforceable, especially in the context of consumer law.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No it doesn't, and I guess it's how they apply the clause that is the important part. Still seems a bit ridiculous though.

Yep.

It's completely ridiculous clause to need.
But not as ridiculous as the fact that they need it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
the line not to cross is getting smaller and smaller by the day

Yes, the line is getting harder not to cross, because things are unacceptable now that weren't seen as unacceptable 20-30 years ago. We're trying to make progress and move forward as a society.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I think most people who slag it off only know about it from stuff that they read about "some dick posted this on Twitter" etc and don't realise that the vast majority of the 100s of millions of tweets are totally benign.

It's like wanting to ban the telephone because some people say nasty things when using them.

Twitter is just another form of communication and obviously some people will be complete dicks when using it to communicate.

I don't use it that much these days but for certain things it's still extremely useful.

Agree re the bubble effect btw.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Surely the correct response to online abuse, is to "Jamie" the culprit?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here