Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protection for MP,s

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If the British people voted to kick you repeatedly in the bollocks would you happily go along with it?

If Labour win the next election :)lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:) , sorry hard to say that with a straight face, should we just ignore it and let the Tories remain in power? After all there's a number of people who think Labour would destroy the country, so as they know best, should we just ignore the election result and carry on as normal?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If Labour win the next election :)lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:) , sorry hard to say that with a straight face, should we just ignore it and let the Tories remain in power? After all there's a number of people who think Labour would destroy the country, so as they know best, should we just ignore the election result and carry on as normal?

We are a parliamentary democracy. You probably missed that lesson at school

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We are a parliamentary democracy. You probably missed that lesson at school

So why are all MPs not all working towards Brexit on 29th March. Why are members of that Parlimentary Democracy, still at this late hour working against implementing a democratic vote made my the majority of British people?

I don't think its me who missed that lesson at school!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Off course you are. But in case you missed it we voted to leave. So there should be no MPS trying to overturn the will of the British people. That's what this woman wants to do. They want to stop Brexit and keep us in the EU.

You can hold whatever view you like, its still a free country..... just. But if you are in power, and she is, I do not believe she should be acting against the will of the British voters. She can disagree with it all she likes, she can hold whatever views she likes, but the time to oppose it and try and stop it happening, ended what the ballot boxes opened on 23rd June 2016.

52% leave v 48% remain isn’t exactly the will of the people. 70/30 yes, 52/48 no. 52% is a gnats cock over half of those that voted. Hardly overwhelming is it?

If the vote had been round the other way you can guarantee that Farage would have been pushing for another referendum within a year or so. Tbh, he’d be stupid not to.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you are an MP and you are pushing for the UK to remain in the EU, which like it or not IS against the wishes of the British people, you deserve all the harassment you get.

I think all these remain MP need to start getting used to it.

I would have posted this in the Brexit thread, but I have been kicked for it. Don't know why, the NSC Gestapo don't give reasons for their actions.

I probably upset one of the "connected" remain whiners.

Maybe we should have a Brexit thread, and ban all the remainers. After all, they are against democracy.

I think that you alone are enough reason for Brexitiers being labelled stupid.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
52% leave v 48% remain isn’t exactly the will of the people. 70/30 yes, 52/48 no. 52% is the a gnats cock over half of those that voted. Hardly overwhelming is it?
If the vote had been round the other way you can guarantee that Farage would have been pushing for another referendum within a year or so. Tbh, he’d be stupid not to.

52% leave v 48% remain isn’t exactly the will of the people. Yes it is. It clearly is. I'll grant you, its not overwhelming at all, but it is the will of the British. That's a democracy.

Maybe Farage would have done. But I think it would have been a cast iron guarantee that he would have never have got one, and nor should he.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
52% leave v 48% remain isn’t exactly the will of the people. 70/30 yes, 52/48 no. 52% is the a gnats cock over half of those that voted. Hardly overwhelming is it?

He even said so.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

It also seems that over a million postal votes went missing in June 2016, which is being investigated (links on the Brexit thread if you feel brave)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Certainly will be when we leave the EU on 29th March without a deal. It can't come soon enough!

It is does happen, you really will discover what it is like to be owned by the EU, all MEP's gone, all negotiating power gone. Be prepared for a trade deal to put 80% of our economy at a huge disadvantage.

Still you will have your devalued 2nd division blue British passport, well done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
52% leave v 48% remain isn’t exactly the will of the people. Yes it is. It clearly is. I'll grant you, its not overwhelming at all, but it is the will of the British. That's a democracy.

Maybe Farage would have done. But I think it would have been a cast iron guarantee that he would have never have got one, and nor should he.

There's no maybe about it. These are his own words.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Moderators, can this thread be merged into the Brexit thread please?

Why. Its a separate debate. Lets merge it with a thread we ban people who disagree with us from!!!

Moderators, if we merge it with the other thread, can we at least un-ban those we banned, without giving any reason or warnings too??

let's try and keep it balanced.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know. And so it begins.

What next then? They will complain we are not ready for a no deal, so we won't be able to leave, or we will have to accept the crap deal we have got, either way leaving the country in a weaked state.

I don't really understand what remainers think will happen if Brexit is overturned.

Do they think it will go away, and we will carry on as before?

I worry that is what most people, including a lot on here will think will happen.

I honestly think if Brexit is overturned, then the move to the far right is something that will happen at an alarming rate, and I fear for this country.

I think the far right will become very powerful in this country, and I don't any of us want to see that.

The remainers are a vocal few IMO. If they get what they want, then I think it will change this country for the worse, forever.

I think remainers really need to worry about what they wish for on this issue.

I think if the vote is overturned there may be some short term upset but it will settle down.

The far right have never got a hold in the U.K. and they never will. They’re are simply too many laws in place to counter their advance. No, the far right will always be helmed by figures of fun like Farage and the Yaxley bloke.
It got a bit out of hand with the referendum but we all seemed to have realised that was all a bit silly and probably best to overturn the leave result.
As for the people harassing MP’s, well it’s not that hard for the police to clamp down on , which is exactly what they’re doing so I wouldn’t get too concerned about it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the British people voted to kick you repeatedly in the bollocks would you happily go along with it?

I very much doubt if the British people would ever be given a vote to repeatedly kick someone in the bollocks, so rather an irrelevant question really.

No, of course MPs shouldn't be subject to this sort of abuse and threatening behaviour in the street, but listening to the Guardian reporter being interviewed yesterday on this subject, I could but notice how he (and the BBC for that matter) seem perfectly content to ignore all the vitriol, hate and abuse that has been piled upon Leave voters ever since the day after the Referendum (thick, old, racist, right-wing, swivel-eyed loons, etc. - anybody recall any of these at any time?)
There wasn't nearly so much wringing of hands and worrying what the country was coming to when Geldof used a megaphone to amplify his potty-mouthed vitriolic rants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here