Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Other/Ruel Fox

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A golden era for comedy, some of these duo's used to regularly pull in 15m+ viewers guffawing at their small 18 inch TV's in households up and down the country, but which were the best?

???

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Mike-And-Bernie-Winters-with-Schnorbitz-the-dog.jpg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Smith & Jones. Modern comedy at the time. I wouldn't say "cutting edge" but it was well up there.

I always appreciate things which push new boundaries. Always have.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Smith & Jones.

I'm disappointed you didn't put Fry & Laurie in the poll though Crodo.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Smith & Jones.

I'm disappointed you didn't put Fry & Laurie in the poll though Crodo.

Indeed. It's Smith and Jones from crodo's list though.

Two Ronnies also conspicuous by their absence. But I guess that's part of the point..... ��

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Two Ronnies also conspicuous by their absence. But I guess that's part of the point..... ��

I guess they're more 70s.

Also, they're terrible.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

70's, they were past their best but still churning out material through musch of the 80's

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I guess they're more 70s.

Also, they're terrible.
The Two Ronnies were terrible?

I must admit I was more a fan of things like The Young Ones when I was a kid and have generally preferred more edgy stuff than mainstream comedy. But to brush off all of the Two Ronnies' stuff as terrible is just plain wrong. Some of it was genius.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Two Ronnies were terrible?

I must admit I was more a fan of things like The Young Ones when I was a kid and have generally preferred more edgy stuff than mainstream comedy. But to brush off all of the Two Ronnies' stuff as terrible is just plain wrong. Some of it was genius.

Yes, obviously it's my opinion, but I've never found any of their stuff funny. You could see the jokes coming from a mile away. It was before my time though, as I was born in the 80s, so I've always been comparing it to more modern stuff. I did enjoy the piss take "Two Ninnies" sketch which Not The Nine O'Clock News did.

Ronnie Barker on his own was quite amusing. Ronnie Corbett was just irritating (with the exception of his appearance on Extras).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes, obviously it's my opinion, but I've never found any of their stuff funny. You could see the jokes coming from a mile away. It was before my time though, as I was born in the 80s, so I've always been comparing it to more modern stuff. I did enjoy the piss take "Two Ninnies" sketch which Not The Nine O'Clock News did.

Ronnie Barker on his own was quite amusing. Ronnie Corbett was just irritating (with the exception of his appearance on Extras).
Yeah comedy is even more subjective than music.

At least we can (mostly) all agree that Michael McIntyre is a total **** and not funny in the slightest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here