Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for another Fans United?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I was upset by the flask thing to begin with. But then thought about it a bit.

Unfortunately the actions of a few bad people mean that the rest of us are greatly inconvenienced. For a short haul flight I used to be able to pitch up at the airport less than 30 mins before the gate closed and have no problem. Today of course we have to be subjected to security screening which means a much longer travel time. A few years ago my mother, aged 85 at the time, had to surrender her nail scissors at airport security. Of course the security folks knew she wasn't a threat but it was the standard applied.

If the usual standard for sporting and entertainment events is for flasks and capped bottles to be banned then how does the club have any option but to implement the same rules ? Just think of the criticism they would receive if someone was hurt at the Amex
. Of course it is far fetched but it is not impossible. Possibly the tiny additional income that will come because of this is a welcome bonus but it is hard to imagine that it is the main driving force for the decision.

Sad reflection on modern life, I regret. Of course, it all seems totally OTT, until the worst happens, unlikely as it seems now. The club has given everyone a warning, and if they say no more warnings will be issued, then fair enough. How many warnings do we want?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Airports now have Free Water beyond security. Take your empty bottle, with a lid, through security and fill it up all day long from many water dispensers within the airport departures. It wouldn't be too much money to install a few taps where free water can be obtained. I seem to recall they done the same at the Olympics with water on sale for exorbitant prices but free taps.
Of course the next thing will be getting rid of the seats as they are a dangerous weapon and putting 8 foot high fences around the pitch to stop us getting on, but that would never happen at a football ground, would it, I mean someone might get hurt!

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
I already don't buy anything at the stadium. I have a drink in the student bar prematch and go back after the match for another and some grub if needed. Cheaper and I can have a lid if I wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here