Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea Tickets

el punal

I was in the corner last year. View was not bad, just the principle of loyal fans getting the worst seats.
I do remember it is a rabbit warren of mazes to get to the bar.

I must admit it’s a bit strange that these tickets are being sold piecemeal. I bought a ticket in SU1 - not many left in that section, but I was unaware that there were still a possible 1,500 up for grabs if required. I’m sure the full allocation will be sold regardless, so why do it in instalments? Anyway, I would rather be safe than sorry and not gamble in delaying to get possibly a better seat and possibly lose out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Great question and one that has been asked by a lot of fans in tweets to the club. So far no response which I think is really poor by the club.
I have noticed on the ticket website that for Leicester there will be no refund in the event of a day change whereas for Chelsea it does not mention this. That is not the same though as explicitly offering refunds. As things stand I can go now but I can't make a potential re-arranged game in London on a weekday. I do not want to pay 30 quid and not turn up.

The difference is the Leicester game will be one of two days where the Chelsea game could be a Thursday evening in April 22.15 ko

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
So do we think extras will go on sale (given it's now sold out online)? I could see blocks up to SL4/SU4 on offer (albeit only 4 wheelchair tickets remaining)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Frustrating that there is only limited areas available on the first day of release.

Yes, but has been explained by the club why that is. If they open all away blocks at once, they have to buy all the seats in the block from the home club, irrespective of how many seats are sold. So they open them a block at a time. The order in which they are opened is normally dictated by the home club “if you want only one block, it’s this one; then this one...”

Sure, the club could take the risk that all seats will sell and open them all, but it’s our second season in the PL - they don’t yet have much data to predict demand, so they adopt a cautious approach, to avoid having 1k seats at £30 a pop left over that they have to pay for.

Irritating? Yep. Understandable, yep imo.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes, but has been explained by the club why that is. If they open all away blocks at once, they have to buy all the seats in the block from the home club, irrespective of how many seats are sold. So they open them a block at a time. The order in which they are opened is normally dictated by the home club “if you want only one block, it’s this one; then this one...”

Sure, the club could take the risk that all seats will sell and open them all, but it’s our second season in the PL - they don’t yet have much data to predict demand, so they adopt a cautious approach, to avoid having 1k seats at £30 a pop left over that they have to pay for.

Understand it for clubs up north but this is London .... we sold out all the London clubs last year as far as I am aware plus Southampton , Bournemouth and Watford this year.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Understand it for clubs up north but this is London .... we sold out all the London clubs last year as far as I am aware plus Southampton , Bournemouth and Watford this year.

Yeah - maybe next year (assuming we stay up) the Albion will be braver?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Also why not put the better seats (behind goal upper) on first....

I assume that, if they think half the possible allocation will sell, they would rather give their own fans the leftover half that is nearer the goal, diminishing our ability to suck the ball into the net!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Yesterday only SL1/SU1 was opened at 9:00am.
SL1 sold out quickly but no other section was opened up so those who logged on only had SU1 to purchase.
When SU1 fell below 100 seats after lunch SL2/SU2 was opened.
Today SU3/SU4/SL3/SL4 have all been opened up at once....So where is the consistency in that?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here