Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good, will be able to get a ticket now

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Fair? of course it is. Will it happen? No

Well they may well do block by block, which would only cause people to hold off and refresh until the preferred blocks are free, but the club should know that demand will see this as a sell out - so you'd like to think they'd just open it all at 9am!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So we go all the way back to my original post.
When they put the tickets on the site they should be ALL the tickets, that's 3000. Then, as someone top of the list, I get a decent seat.
Good part of this though surely is that groups who normally enter at different stages can now sit together as it is a free for all for all 3000 original ticket holders (2500 after some drop out).

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
So we go all the way back to my original post.
When they put the tickets on the site they should be ALL the tickets, that's 3000. Then, as someone top of the list, I get a decent seat.
Good part of this though surely is that groups who normally enter at different stages can now sit together as it is a free for all for all 3000 original ticket holders (2500 after some drop out).

Have there been any league away games this season where we haven't opened a section for sale? The club should know the demand is there, they must know that people want the choice to sit where they want (if they read social media, they'd realise), it just makes sense to open all together.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club have done the sensible thing here and listened to feedback. ( I had a Sunday ticket and hope to go to rearranged date but i might have been away or had a clash).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The club have done the sensible thing here and listened to feedback. ( I had a Sunday ticket and hope to go to rearranged date but i might have been away or had a clash).

No they haven't they have created a binfest which doesn't usually apply due to the tiered release of tickets. They could have just refunded those who brought tickets (on the understanding the game was likely to be moved) who have decided they don't want to go and left everyone else with the tickets they had already secured, and without the need to reapply to get a totally different seat.

I

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/february/refunds-for-chelsea-match/

Brighton & Hove Albion will refund all orders on tickets for the Chelsea away match. Fans will need to reapply for tickets once the date of the game is known and the on-sale date has been confirmed.

Following the postponement of the trip to Stamford Bridge, as a result of Chelsea reaching the Carabao Cup Final, and with no fixed date for the match at this stage, the club has made the decision to refund all ticket holders.

All ticket holders who purchased online will be automatically refunded to the card on which the original payment was made; this will take up to five days to process. Those who purchased in person will be sent a cheque.

Once a new date is announced (likely to be a midweek date) all fans who had purchased a ticket for the original fixture will be given a one-day window to buy a ticket for the new date.

Any unsold tickets will then be sold using the usual priority procedure, and fans wishing to attend should reapply if they want to attend the rescheduled fixture.

We appreciate that this may not be ideal for all ticket holders who wish to retain their tickets and fully intend to attend the rearranged match, regardless of the date. However, all various options have been considered, and it has been decided that this is the most efficient and fairest way for all ticket holders.

Given the match may be rearranged at extremely short notice, there is a concern that it will not allow enough time for both an adequate cancellation window, and give the club enough time to resell and despatch any returned tickets.

You missed the final paragraph when they said "Paul and Tony usually enjoy the last few hours of POETS day in the pub having a couple of pints, however, for a laugh they decided to sit and watch NSC on Paul's laptop and laugh at the binfest on the Chelsea ticket thread"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seems fairly ludicrous. Surely the simplest way to resolve this would have been to give people a deadline of opting OUT of going if they can't make it (once the date is known), getting them their refund, and just leave everyone else who doesn't opt out with their ticket they've already bought ? Then put all the opted-out tickets back up for sale. Why go to the bother of resetting the entire process and making EVERYONE re-apply ?

Bonkers.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Probably in a minority, but I'm happy with this. I'd wanted to go to the match but the first shift of time to 12:30 on the Sunday clashed with the Brighton Half marathon, so I didn't go for tickets. By the time it became clear that the fixture would be shifted again, the tickets were sold out. If it reopens from scratch, I'll be able to get tickets for the new date.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Seems fairly ludicrous. Surely the simplest way to resolve this would have been to give people a deadline of opting OUT of going if they can't make it (once the date is known), getting them their refund, and just leave everyone else who doesn't opt out with their ticket they've already bought ? Then put all the opted-out tickets back up for sale. Why go to the bother of resetting the entire process and making EVERYONE re-apply ?

Bonkers.

Correct the sensible solution, but when it comes to tickets it takes the club years to do the sensible thing

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Bonkers.

Don't you dare criticise the club. They are always right. Especially king Paul. Even when it comes to threatening bans for people carrying bottle tops. Always right - remember this if nothing else!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Probably in a minority, but I'm happy with this. I'd wanted to go to the match but the first shift of time to 12:30 on the Sunday clashed with the Brighton Half marathon, so I didn't go for tickets. By the time it became clear that the fixture would be shifted again, the tickets were sold out. If it reopens from scratch, I'll be able to get tickets for the new date.

It doesn't affect me OR its in my favour - therefore I'll support the club acting like total cocks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't you dare criticise the club. They are always right. Especially king Paul. Even when it comes to threatening bans for people carrying bottle tops. Always right - remember this if nothing else!

Well, quite.

They must have their reasons I suppose. But it seems like a hell of a lot of extra admin to refund every single ticket sold and start all over again, especially as some of the refunds will involve posting cheques. What an arseache. The original ticketholders will have to make sure they're well on the ball to re-apply as well, being as they're only being given 1 day before it goes back to tiered/general sale.

Fun times.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well, quite.

They must have their reasons I suppose. But it seems like a hell of a lot of extra admin to refund every single ticket sold and start all over again, especially as some of the refunds will involve posting cheques. What an arseache. The original ticketholders will have to make sure they're well on the ball to re-apply as well, being as they're only being given 1 day before it goes back to tiered/general sale.

Fun times.
Who cares about those customers that bought tickets. Who cares about the customers anyway. There will always be more won't there? Sod em.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well, quite.

Fun times.

And didn't the conditions when first put on sale with the warning about possible date move clearly state no refunds will be issued.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here