Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Do we really have to take this Orwellian s**t from our club ? remember we are the customer

76 Not allowed!
    Finally, we are also aware of a very small number of fans who chose to continue to ignore stadium rules by bringing flasks into the stadium, or by concealing bottle tops for use later. Anyone doing this is liable to ejection from the stadium and further stadium and ticketing sanctions. The club will not issue any further warnings.

When I got this email it made my blood boil . The very minor incidents involving a few Chelsea fans are being used to basically oppress us further . Okay there are bigger things going on in the world today but I am angry as all these decisions are more revenue focused than related to safety issues . Brighton happily serve expensive alcohol to pissed up idiots who've had too much already but won't let an OAP bring in a flask of tea . Hypocrites.

It's as though a major incident has happened at a game . Has it ? No . Now we can't bring bottle tops or flasks . Have they completely lost the plot ? They are threatening to ban people who bring flasks . Have they gone mad ? Take a step back and look at what you are actually saying for goodness sake . It just creates a bad feeling . " the club will not issue any further warnings ? " Or what - you going to line us up against the wall and shoot us ? It sounds like that .

Remember we are the customers - you are the lucky recipients of our time, loyalty and money . Without us you are nothing . So stop treating us like naughty children and treat us like customers .
    Last edited by brianwade; 08-01-2019 at 11:33.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      If only there had been a flask thread, or a bottle top thread before the emails arrived this morning

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...ottle-Top-BAN!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...-from-the-Amex
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brianwade View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Remember we are the customers - you are the lucky recipients of our time, loyalty and money . Without us you are nothing . So stop treating us like cattle and treat us like customers .
      Unfortunately due to PL money, we're no longer that important. Club can survive without fans now.

14 Not allowed!
      "oppress" oh my lord. Why do people get so hysterical over relative trivialities.
      I trust no one, not even myself
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Sign of the times and we’ll just have to suck it up. I can’t help but feel some corporate arrogance from the club as we become a bigger club.

There really is **** all we can do about, except stop going. I guess if enough of us refused to buy anything within the stadium they might feel the effects, but that’s not going to happen is it?

There are plenty of fans who will defend these actions by the club too.

The club currently have us by the short and curlies as for the most part they are doing a brilliant job and I won’t stop going because of these frankly trivial annoyances. They could be less dictatorial in the way they present them though.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Landscape of stadiums these days.

Not just at Amex, stadiums now are far more stringent about what can be brought in, they haven’t banned bags yet which a fair number of stadiums have.

3 Not allowed!
      I have to say this is bothering me too. The solution is probably to protest by not buying anything at the concessions. I'm pretty sure they'll revisit this crap money-grabbing policy when it starts costing them sales at concessions stalls.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Sign of the times and we’ll just have to suck it up. I can’t help but feel some corporate arrogance from the club as we become a bigger club.

There really is **** all we can do about, except stop going. I guess if enough of us refused to buy anything within the stadium they might feel the effects, but that’s not going to happen is it?

There are plenty of fans who will defend these actions by the club too.

The club currently have us by the short and curlies as for the most part they are doing a brilliant job and I won’t stop going because of these frankly trivial annoyances. They could be less dictatorial in the way they present them though.
      Yep I agree I love going - they could do with a better PR approach as times won't always be this good and the arrogance is beginning to show through . Sensible comments - thank you
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

2 Not allowed!
      But it’s not hypocritical, is it? Unfortunately we live in an age where a terrorist attack, however unlikely you may think, could be on a football stadium. The club are following procedures to ensure the safety of you and I. From being searched at the turnstiles, to not taking in flasks, and not allowing bottles with tops on. Inconvenient it may be, but that’s all it is, and it has never stopped me enjoying watching the football.

Just as side note - when I told a friend of mine (who happens to be in the “know” on security issues) about the flask ban he was amazed that it hadn’t been implemented before, inferring that a flask is a container of choice for whatever nasty stuff nasty people want to put in it. On that basis we should be grateful, however over the top it seems, that the club are responding to any type of threat, trivial or not.
      Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.

11 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      But it’s not hypocritical, is it? Unfortunately we live in an age where a terrorist attack, however unlikely you may think, could be on a football stadium. The club are following procedures to ensure the safety of you and I. From being searched at the turnstiles, to not taking in flasks, and not allowing bottles with tops on. Inconvenient it may be, but that’s all it is, and it has never stopped me enjoying watching the football.

Just as side note - when I told a friend of mine (who happens to be in the “know” on security issues) about the flask ban he was amazed that it hadn’t been implemented before, inferring that a flask is a container of choice for whatever nasty stuff nasty people want to put in it. On that basis we should be grateful, however over the top it seems, that the club are responding to any type of threat, trivial or not.
      So on the basis of a potential terrorist attack from flasks and bottles, why are lots or cars permitted to park close to the stadium without any check whatsoever for car bombs.
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18