Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Rowett sacked / Nathan Jones **NOW CONFIRMED AS REPLACEMENT**

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stoke fans want him out already, I KNEW this was going to go wrong. Should have stopped at Luton who are now 6 points clear at the top

Stoke fans wanted Rowett out after three games; they're showing a bit more patience now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stoke fans want him out already, I KNEW this was going to go wrong. Should have stopped at Luton who are now 6 points clear at the top

I remember some Brighton fans wanting Hughton out within a few weeks of him joining us, because we were still hovering near the relegation zone. Dull defensive football was the cry at the time, and some continue that mantra now, four years later.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I remember some Brighton fans wanting Hughton out within a few weeks of him joining us, because we were still hovering near the relegation zone. Dull defensive football was the cry at the time, and some continue that mantra now, four years later.

The same bunch who think Hughton has to prove himself

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Quite.

Absolutely ridiculous.

One of the club’s few mistakes post Withdean was appointing Hyypia and not Hughton initially.

(Love hindsight, though I had actually said Hughton at the time.........................

I also may have said Sherwood as an alternative!!!) [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
What’s his record at Stoke? I’ve not been paying attention.

One home win against Leeds and four defeats against Brentford, Preston, Hull and Shrewsbury in their FA Cup replay.

He went a bit David Brent initially with something about gettting the Stoke players to focus on some Mylie Cyrus song called 'The Climb'. Apparently the lyrics speak volumes about a journey. As soon as I heard him talking about that in one of his first news conferences I thought this might come back to bite him on the derriere.

As someone else said on this thread, he should have stayed at Luton and seen the job out until May. I guess money talks and he'll be a well off bloke whatever happens. Good luck to him. Hope he can turn it around.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It’s mad when you look at the shambles that is stoke. And want to leave where you’re doing incredibly well. But I suppose the lure of a former prem team is too much to turn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One home win against Leeds and four defeats against Brentford, Preston, Hull and Shrewsbury in their FA Cup replay.

He went a bit David Brent initially with something about gettting the Stoke players to focus on some Mylie Cyrus song called 'The Climb'. Apparently the lyrics speak volumes about a journey. As soon as I heard him talking about that in one of his first news conferences I thought this might come back to bite him on the derriere.

As someone else said on this thread, he should have stayed at Luton and seen the job out until May. I guess money talks and he'll be a well off bloke whatever happens. Good luck to him. Hope he can turn it around.

Maybe its ambition rather than or as well as money....as you could say Stoke are a ''bigger club'' than Luton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, I’d love to have been a fly on the wall when Peter Crouch’s agent said “Peter, I’ve finally got you a move out of this shit hole which is Stoke..”

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Maybe its ambition rather than or as well as money....as you could say Stoke are a ''bigger club'' than Luton

on the face of it yes

but both clubs have only ever won the League Cup
and Luton's victory was a tad more recent

I'd imagine Stoke have spent alot longer in the top flight
but when Luton get their new ground I don't think they're be far behind the likes of Stoke

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The facts are Luton v Stoke will more than likely be a Championship fixture next season. Jones, if still the Stoke manager, will get a warm welcome(cough!). He clearly has talent. What he achieved at Luton with his backroom staff and Harford bringing in the right players as chief scout, was impressive over the course of two or three seasons.

He'd be well advised to cut down on all the 'said club is in my blood!' rhetoric. Comes across as a tad disingenuous. Wouldn't be surprised if he has Jurgen Klopp's autobiography next to his bed, if that volume one book exists.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
on the face of it yes

but both clubs have only ever won the League Cup
and Luton's victory was a tad more recent

I'd imagine Stoke have spent alot longer in the top flight
but when Luton get their new ground I don't think they're be far behind the likes of Stoke

Fair point

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Luton are flying since he left (they hit a sticky patch just before he did)

I'm not letting you get away with that lie. These are the results in Jones' last games, since a 2-1 defeat away to Peterborough in November. What's sticky about these results?

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Luton (FA Cup)
Luton 0-0 Barnsley (Barnsley scoring goals for fun, on a brilliant run - this was a very good point well earned)
Walsall 2-2 Luton
Scunthorpe 0-2 Luton
Luton 2-0 Burton (high flying Burton...)
Coventry 1-2 Luton
Luton 2-0 Fleetwood
Luton 1-1 Southend
Bury 0-1 Luton (FA Cup)
Luton 4-0 Bradford
Gillingham 1-3 Luton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here