Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 15.04.44.png

This hooligan element must be stopped before it ruins the modern game!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To be fair the average (non-Arsenal) EPL Manager is unlikely to luzz a bottle of water on the pitch, whereas SOME fans would and you can't police for thos e that might and those that might not, been the rule for years!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If you happen to take in a bottle of water with the top concealed and the bottle is the same make as the ones they sell, how will they know if you bought it there or not?

This is getting behind a joke now, it is all in the name of terror but all about making money.

Btw, I do not take bottles of anything to the game.

Edit: just seen they will remove tops from bottles sold in the other thread.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
They were doing this at England games 20 years ago

I don't think it's about them taking the bottle tops off as such. Many people (because they are adults and are able to be trusted with such things) have taken their own bottle tops with them so they can leave the bottles safely under their seat without worrying about them being knocked over or saving some for later. Now this heinous crime can result in ejection and losing your season ticket. Seems totally proportionate!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I was allowed to take 3 500ml bottles of water (for 2 sprogs and me) through the turnstiles in East lower at the Everton match - the security guy checked my bag and definitely saw them (lying down, so clearly capped.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I suspect there are more coins thrown at players/opposing fans than there are bottles of water and the coins are likely to do more damage. Are they going to ban people taking money in?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
. Are they going to ban people taking money in?

No, you will be allowed to take money in, but only onto the concourse. No money will be allowed to be taken to your seat, so as long as you spend it on the concourse you are fine, but if you haven't spent all your money before moving towards your seat, you will have to leave it on the concourse, where I'm sure it will still be at half time or full time.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Surely luzzing a full bottle of water (or piss, if that's your thing) will result in not only the player getting clumped with a bottle, he'll also get covered in what's in it (should you luzz it at him).... ???

So what about a sharp and pointy "Jumbo Toblerone" then? Weighty, pointed on all corners, and could do a fair bit of damage if it hit you in the boat race.

This is getting daft....

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
No, you will be allowed to take money in, but only onto the concourse. No money will be allowed to be taken to your seat, so as long as you spend it on the concourse you are fine, but if you haven't spent all your money before moving towards your seat, you will have to leave it on the concourse, where I'm sure it will still be at half time or full time.

Collection boxes for any loose change. ???

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It would be interesting to find out just what their issue is with caps on bottles. Is it lobability, contents, etc.? It they explained their reasoning then at least we could try and understand it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Who actually thinks this shyte up ?

Call the Sieghiel Line for all the latest soppy idea info and much much more where our lovely new patsy Chris will be glad to update you , (please note lines maybe busy between 19:39 and 19:45

CALL NOW AND RECEIVE 50P OFF YOUR NEXT CALL REGARDING SOPPY IDEAS .

chistoph-waltz-inglorious-bastards.jpg

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I travel down to Brighton by train. A six hour journey in the train all in for every home match. I always carry two bottles of water in the pouches of a small rucksack and have never had a problem getting in.
The only water I can buy is at Brighton station or the Amex. I literally have to leg it to get my connection at Brighton after the game, so I don’t have time to F*uck about buying more water.
Read this “announcement” earlier and I was going to start a thread, but waited til I calmed down to post.
My first thought was - oh well I’ll just have to take the caps off before entry and put them back on once inside.
But “ we are aware of a small number of fans who continue to ignore stadium rules by bringing flasks into the stadium or by concealing bottle tops for use later”.
What the actual F*ck?
My loyalty is being severely tested with this Sh*t.
And relax

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Surely luzzing a full bottle of water (or piss, if that's your thing) will result in not only the player getting clumped with a bottle, he'll also get covered in what's in it (should you luzz it at him).... ???

So what about a sharp and pointy "Jumbo Toblerone" then? Weighty, pointed on all corners, and could do a fair bit of damage if it hit you in the boat race.

This is getting daft....

No - Toblerone are to be banned as well apparently - far too threatening and some serious damage could be done. Marsh mallows and crisps should be ok though.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Sure these are the rules, but think you will be fine on most occasions if you are sensible.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It would be interesting to find out just what their issue is with caps on bottles. Is it lobability, contents, etc.? It they explained their reasoning then at least we could try and understand it.

It's the potential to use it as a missile (lobability) that is the apparently the problem. All seems a bit ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here