Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton And Hove Albion v Arsenal PL2 19.00 K.O The Peoples Pension Stadium (Crawley)

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The U23s get back into action tonight v Arsenal , we could theoretically go top tonight with a 4 goal swing our way as we currently sit in 3rd spot 3 points behind leaders Everton and 1 point behind Derby in second spot , i was a little suprised not to have seen Connolly on the bench for the Bournemouth game so if fit he will probably start and hopefully continue his excellent goal scoring run , .... awaiting club official preview .

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Arsenal's academy has always puzzled me. You'd think they'd have their pick of talented youngsters, and yet players like Graham Barrett, Joe O'Ceauruill and Chuba Akpom came through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see Connolly wears number 44,same as Lewis Hamilton.Hamilton carried his number forward from his junior kart days.Could Connolly carry that number in senior football,or is it a random squad number?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I see Connolly wears number 44,same as Lewis Hamilton.Hamilton carried his number forward from his junior kart days.Could Connolly carry that number in senior football,or is it a random squad number?

I would imagine it’s a random number squad number as he doesn’t wear it playing for the U23s. Gyorkes wore 42 when he played on Saturday. Can keep it for senior football permanently if he wanted to.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think it’s that they do generally have a good academy, but they send us the utter dregs from it…. Then they laugh at us as their latest hopeless donkey drives out of North London and heads down the motorway.

I feel a song coming ……. oh Graham Barrett, oh Graham Barrett, oh Graham, Graham, Graham Barratt”

It’s been a while since I sang that

Arsenal's academy has always puzzled me. You'd think they'd have their pick of talented youngsters, and yet players like Graham Barrett, Joe O'Ceauruill and Chuba Akpom came through.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The Peoples Pension Stadium

giphy (30).gif

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sadly still no stream from the club for the U23s. Maybe Arsenal might do one?
We don't announce a stream until it is up and tested due to the number of complaints if the technology fails.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
George Cox has gone out on loan to Northampton, so won't be playing.

It will be interesting to see how the U-23s perform in the remaining 9 league fixtures this season as a number of the players who have been mainstays in the last season or two are now out on loan (or injured). The defence in particular will have a new look, with Ben White, Ben Barclay, George Cox and Josh Kerr now out on loan.

If Connolly were also to get a loan move then the side would have a significantly different look.

Gyokeres will be missing tonight as he is in Qatar with the full Sweden national squad at a training camp.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No Mathias Normann this evening. However, the rest of the line-up is pretty much as expected. A first involvement in the squad for first-year scholar Ayo Tanimowo on the bench:-

[TWEET]1082336061970206724[/TWEET]

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

In fairness to the Arse, there are one or two rival clubs in their vicinity ...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here