Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Oh dear Wayne Hennessey...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Wayne Hennessey did not know what Nazi salute was - FA panel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382

:ffsparr:

That says more about the FA panel if they fell for that lie.

Senile old men in blazers; the FA is well past its sell-by date.

Here is "the game" trying to kick out racism but what chance have they got when the FA allow players to give Nazi salutes. Pitiful and pathetic.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol: Hilarious, Most children even know what that is, what British person who’s been to school and done basic history, is not
Aware of a Nazi salute? Farcical.

That being said, he shouldn’t be persecuted for something said or done between friends that offended nobody there, snowflake brigade are going to ruin the world.

SAC

May 21, 2014
:lolol: Hilarious, Most children even know what that is, what British person who’s been to school and done basic history, is not
Aware of a Nazi salute? Farcical.

That being said, he shouldn’t be persecuted for something said or done between friends that offended nobody there, snowflake brigade are going to ruin the world.

Completely agree. There is no way that he ever intended it as a homage to the The Fuhrer and it should have been seen as the joke that it was intended as. If it had been, there would have been no reason for him to come up with the ridiculous explanation.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There are some absolute GEMS in there.

Now, is it better to be known as the bloke who did a stupid salute and got caught......or the bloke who doesn't know who Hitler is :lolol:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Completely agree. There is no way that he ever intended it as a homage to the The Fuhrer and it should have been seen as the joke that it was intended as. If it had been, there would have been no reason for him to come up with the ridiculous explanation.

I don't think Prince Harry intended it to be a homage to The Fuhrer when he dressed up as an SS Officer but there are some things you simply do not do. I've never tried to get someones attention to with my arm raised in similar fashion!

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Don't care what he did but shows the FA to be absolute idiots.

Is the bloke in the photo next to Hennessy ordering 2 beers ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The very notion that a 32 year old man has no concept of what a nazi salute is, when he is sat there as clear as day performing one (probably towards his German team mate Max Meyer), is utterly risible..

So the duffers sitting on these panels can get inside the mind of Tomer Hemed and judge that he deliberately and maliciously stamped on a player when they became entangled coming down from an aerial challenge. But they return a verdict of "not proven" when presented with clear evidence of a player performing a nazi salute, instead going along with a laughable, paper-thin 'explanation' that anyone with six braincells would dismiss as nonsense.

Quite simply, they're not fit for purpose.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The very notion that a 32 year old man has no concept of what a nazi salute is, when he is sat there as clear as day performing one (probably towards his German team mate Max Meyer), is utterly risible..

So the duffers sitting on these panels can get inside the mind of Tomer Hemed and judge that he deliberately and maliciously stamped on a player when they became entangled coming down from an aerial challenge. But they return a verdict of "not proven" when presented with clear evidence of a player performing a nazi salute, instead going along with a laughable, paper-thin 'explanation' that anyone with six braincells would dismiss as nonsense.

Quite simply, they're not fit for purpose.

I may be simplifying the issue but this whole "I didn't know argument" could feasibly be used for an array of things.

"Sorry Panel, I didn't know the N word was offensive. It's in a load of music I listen to"
"Sorry Panel, didn't know I shouldn't tell the female lino her place is in the kitchen. I'm not sexist, I know loads of women."

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What's the saying, ignorance of the law is no defence, well it seems the FA duffers accepted probably the lamest defence ever.

So Wayne, was never taught at school about WWII, has never watched a WWII war film, has never read newspaper reports about far right rallies.....................

Sieg Heil

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The bit that intrigues me is this...

Hennessey said he "waved and shouted at the person taking the picture to get on with it" and "put my hand over my mouth to make the sound carry".

He submitted photographs to the panel of him making similar gestures during matches to attract the attention of team-mates.

So are there actual photos of Hennessy making blatant Hitler salutes on the pitch then?:lol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
AD on talkshite (who I don't normally have time for) has just given the perfect description about WH and this incident ..absolutely brilliant

The irony that of course will be lost on WH is that the waiter who took the photo was a mr Bussolini :facepalm:

So Roy still backing your goalie?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Haven’t you got more important things to be getting worked up about atm ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Good call chap (don’t get used to it you no mark). I personally don’t give a shit about your keeper making a silly gesture at a private event, do it in a public place to make a point and then I would condemn him.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Worked up about? Don't be silly we're doing one of our favourite things: laughing at your club, its players and its fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
This is turning into a web of deceit Stephen Ireland dead granny moment
Love it if an old school mate/old teacher pops up or some information comes to light to contradict him
He didn't do anything wrong in the first place, just a stupid thing on the spur of the moment

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here