Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Redundancy

Members

OT - Redundancy

0 Not allowed!
    Iíve recently been made redundant and at 44 I am struggling to find a new role, anybody got any tips for keeping sane as I can feel the dark clouds gathering? or stories where redundancy has actually been a good thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, we hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, we hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, WE ARE THE BALTIMORE PALACE HATERS, we hate palace, we hate palace

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

9 Not allowed!
      Always worth remembering that no matter how many disappointments you may have with applications, you only need 1 to be successful. And it may be the next 1.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Hemed, Towell ( 1 further year option ).

4 Not allowed!
      Easy to say but take the positives out of everything, back to basics.
      If you’ve got your health and your family are healthy , then you’re winning. Start from this position and then build from there. Good luck
      We've come here to pay our respects to Great Aunt Nellie. She brought us up properly and taught us loyalty
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cullip4 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Iíve recently been made redundant and at 44 I am struggling to find a new role, anybody got any tips for keeping sane as I can feel the dark clouds gathering? or stories where redundancy has actually been a good thing?

Pretty much everyone ever I know that has been made redundant (non voluntary) has shit themselves. And almost always, its been a blessing in disguise, no matter what your redundancy package. Not necessarily immediately. Career change, less stressful job, better paid job in same industry, bit of study. Time out to evaluate, I know that doesnt help you now. Possibly you'll bump this thread in the future

I got made redundant in my first "proper" job but relocated in the same company on a different career path which I perhaps wouldnt have chosen but ended up being better off workwise for it. That was years ago mind.

What is it you do/circumstances?

0 Not allowed!
      I was made redundant at 54 after 25 years in the same job. It was a relief, to be honest. Just keep trying and take anything to start off, as you can always change later.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I’ve recently been made redundant and at 44 I am struggling to find a new role, anybody got any tips for keeping sane as I can feel the dark clouds gathering? or stories where redundancy has actually been a good thing?

Don't know about redundancy but I lost my job in November and I am 54 and now bricking it. In shit loads of debt and have no idea which way to turn. Having to sell the car first of all in order to have a couple of months leeway. 2018/2019, the years that keep on giving.

0 Not allowed!
      I was made redundant 20 years ago. It took time, graft and loads of applications but something did turn up - in fact, "Sod's law", two opportunities turned up at once! I know how frustrating and depressing it can get, but hang in there and, as stated above, take the opportunity to look at other avenues. Best of luck.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      Don't know about redundancy but I lost my job in November and I am 54 and now bricking it. In shit loads of debt and have no idea which way to turn. Having to sell the car first of all in order to have a couple of months leeway. 2018/2019, the years that keep on giving.
      As to the OP, my best wishes.

My son lost his job in dubious circumstances and ended up sleeping on my sofa for six months. His car was then written off by a rear-ending **** then, in his new car, he got done for a driving offence that resulted in a year's ban. But he quickly found a better paid job, closer to home, found a flat to rent, and (with some help from me) got his car back on the road. He's had to deal with vaious amounts of new and ever more exotic shit in the meantime, but is stronger for it.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

2 Not allowed!
      Oh Cullp and Nomad, I feel for you both. I truly hope something good comes along for both of you. easy to say, but keep your chins up.
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I’ve recently been made redundant and at 44 I am struggling to find a new role, anybody got any tips for keeping sane as I can feel the dark clouds gathering? or stories where redundancy has actually been a good thing?

Nothing to be too bothered about IMHO.Been there,just get yourself to an agency that deals with your trade.Money coming in most important-shows willing to potential new employers.Good luck.
      l'EUrope.Constituee par les riches,pour les riches...........and sod everybody else.