Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Disabled my FB account a couple of years ago and finally deleted it about six months ago. Haven't regretted it at all.
    @Sussex Nomad - careful, TB will hit you with a twitter post, her favourite retort !
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Download the file they have on you and you will have no qualms about leaving it.
      face piles of trials, with smiles
      it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

0 Not allowed!
      It's good for staying in touch with relatives and friends that you like.
      As a self-employed person I also get lots of work from people contacting me who have become friends through work.
      I enjoy staying g in touch with the people who I choose to stay in touch with around the world.

I think it's all about how you use it.
      The only reason I can see for stopping using FB is because of the data that they harvest from you, but I'm realistic enough to know that they're all at it.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I am not on facebook but everyone says that I should be. My wife is and shows me the odd interesting thing like what her friend is having for dinner.

0 Not allowed!
      I've taken it off my phone, but kept it on the computer, as there are a few people on FaceBook I'd lose touch with otherwise.
      Forever a DAFT Bint
      Mon nez est parfait! Knocky's Nose's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rogero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I am not on facebook but everyone says that I should be. My wife is and shows me the odd interesting thing like what her friend is having for dinner.
      I especially like to see what a cup of coffee looks like, in case I forget.
      Ce Qui Donne?
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
      I've taken it off my phone, but kept it on the computer, as there are a few people on FaceBook I'd lose touch with otherwise.
      What's a computer?
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Facebook fatigue is real, most kids aren’t using it. Be interesting to see how it mutates to survive
      It's a pretty well discussed notion that the decrease in young people using Facebook is about their parent's generation "killing it". https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-teenage-users Personally, I stopped posting when my aunt started commenting on everything I did.

It'll survive in that, Facebook became bigger than just Facebook when they diversified their assets and now own Instagram, Whatsapp, Oculus VR. They are also starting roll out of a dating app this year to compete with Tinder.

It used to have a bit of everything, but now if I ever go on the app, it's my mum/aunt and her friends sharing 15 posts a day (a lot of which is obviously fake news) and nothing else. It is still great for messenger and groups (all parties etc. are still arranged on the platform) but I'll stick to Instagram or Snapchat if I ever want to post anything online (outside of NSC obv).
      "Do what you do, stay as you are, let's keep having fun." Sam Baldock

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beanstalk View Post
      It's a pretty well discussed notion that the decrease in young people using Facebook is about their parent's generation "killing it". https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-teenage-users Personally, I stopped posting when my aunt started commenting on everything I did.

It'll survive in that, Facebook became bigger than just Facebook when they diversified their assets and now own Instagram, Whatsapp, Oculus VR. They are also starting roll out of a dating app this year to compete with Tinder.

It used to have a bit of everything, but now if I ever go on the app, it's my mum/aunt and her friends sharing 15 posts a day (a lot of which is obviously fake news) and nothing else. It is still great for messenger and groups (all parties etc. are still arranged on the platform) but I'll stick to Instagram or Snapchat if I ever want to post anything online (outside of NSC obv).
      You could just unfriend your aunt? It might offend her but hey ho facebook is good for this too.

0 Not allowed!
      I left Facebook around 7 years ago. Don't miss it in the slightest. I post the odd picture on instagram, and scroll through twitter for my "funnies" and to find out what's going on, but rarely actually tweet.

Like others have said I spent most of my time on here!