Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saturday’s game is huge

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Not so much for us but Liverpool will not want to lose.The worlds media will be upon us,great times to be an Albion fan ,enjoy

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m expecting a 3 goal defeat, minimum. Anything less than that, and I’ll be reasonably content.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The build up has started. The Albion suddenly having goals in them has made this, possibly, a closer contest on paper than this would’ve been a while back.

Every game for Citeh, LFC and Spurs is a cup final - they always need three points against non-top 6 teams. I suppose they’re used to that.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We should be #BeatingTeamsLikeLiverpool.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The build up has started. The Albion suddenly having goals in them has made this, possibly, a closer contest on paper than this would’ve been a while back.

Every game for Citeh, LFC and Spurs is a cup final - they always need three points against non-top 6 teams. I suppose they’re used to that.

Not if CH reverts to 4411 with Gross and Muzza......

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Is my memory playing tricks,or did we actually beat them on a reasonably regular basis in the 80's?

I think the last few seasons Liverpool have dominated ever so slightly?

If we go at them from the start and impose ourselves on them, I firmly believe we can get a great result against the Reds! :albion2:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've never met a decent Scouser in my life. I've emailed Paul Barber and asked if, for one game only, we could swap 'Sussex By The Sea' and have the words on the screen to 'In Your Liverpool Slums' instead.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is my memory playing tricks,or did we actually beat them on a reasonably regular basis in the 80's?

If we go at them from the start and impose ourselves on them, I firmly believe we can get a great result against the Reds! :albion2:

Was it home and away FAC wins, and an away league win?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The King and Queen will be bouncing :smile:

I think we can win or at least draw this game, there I said it...

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All the pressure on Liverpool!

Any points we get are a massive bonus.

I think they might be a bit shaken after the city game. We need to hit them from the off with decisive counter attacking football. One for Andone I would have thought?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I hesitate to type it but we need to play like Burnley did against the 'Pool. Clipped ankles, shoves and niggles. Might nick a point.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Free hit for us and all the pressure & expectation on them - love it!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Actually our record then wasn't too bad at all. I think your recollection will be enhanced by the fact that between Christmas 1980 and Feb 1984 we played them seven times, and lost only once. Three wins (league once, cup twice) and three draws (league).

However, we lost out first three Division One games against them; with a total scoreline of 2-9. We then held them at home to a 2-2 draw. Our first three Premier League games have all been defeats, score of 1-10. I'd take a 2-2 scoreline now!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
WARM WEATHER TRAINING.
Following their match on Saturday morning, Man Utd have flown off to Dubai for some 'warm weather training'.
Meanwhile, Liverpool had that crunching game on Thursday followed by a tricky away on Monday.
Hopefully they will be shattered by Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here