Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ipswich Town

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Bottom of the championship and 10 points adrift from safety. They lost to Accrington Stanley today in the cup (yeah, yeah, ‘exactly’, you know the rest!) and that means they have not won a FA Cup game since the 2009/10 season. That’s some stat.

It’s gone a bit tits up since the fans hounded out Macarthy.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I know a lot of Ipswich fans through work and they’re all pretty knowledgeable and fair-minded folk.

I’ve also encountered an awful lot of ignorant numskulls every time I’ve been to Ipswich v Brighton games and I have to say, that on balance they are long overdue a spell in the lower leagues to re-gain some perspective.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Glad it had all gone wrong for them...was a fan of Mick

this reminds me of us a bit with some elements of our support expressing concern as to weather C.H has reached his ceiling !
there by the grace of god go I------------- we need to be carefull what we wish for

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I remember the sign in the south stand. I'm enjoying their failure.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

this reminds me of us a bit with some elements of our support expressing concern as to weather C.H has reached his ceiling !
there by the grace of god go I------------- we need to be carefull what we wish for

This.

I have to admit that at times this season I have wondered if Chris is the right person to move us to the next level. He doesn't always get it right but he does more often than not and the current Ipswich situation proves that the grass isn't always greener.

Don't know what Ipswich fans were expecting Mick to do with the budget he had. A dull experience I suspect but a manager that will always get the best from his players at the wrong end of the table

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Plus don't forget, we have a decent owner who's backed his manager, and we get to see him at matches as well.

Whereas a lot of Ipswich fans couldn't tell who Marcus Evans was if he arrived at Portman Road on a tractor!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Quite. I am sure we all had a titter at the transcript of Roy Keane's famous world cup outburst and flounce, but time has shown that Mick is a decent honourable and effective manager and bloke, while Roy is a nasty narcissistic failure prick.

el punal

Just shows what you wish for may not result in a better future

Yep! I reckon that applied to the sacking of Mike Bailey back in 1982. He took us to our highest ever League finish the previous season. Many considered his tactics to be dull and defensive. Jimmy Melia stepped in and . . . :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here